Portable computer screen

So I am in a computer forensics degree program. The school work I am required to do requires alot of processing power, so a laptop wouldn't cut it. I built my own computer around a HTPC case that will fit in my bookbag, and it works great. All of the rooms I have class in have computers in them, so I can just swap the cables to mine to use it. I would, however, like to use it in the study areas around campus, and in that case, would need to bring my own moniter. The problem is, even LCD moniters are too bulky with the base. I was hoping to find a more portable screen, almost like a tablet pc. Something without a base that I could slip into my bag. It would have to be around a 10-12 inch screen at the max I would think.

Has anyone seen anything like this aorund? I've done some searching and haven't come up with anything yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

Deleted
    I'm thinking a tablet... Is it possible to do that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    I'm thinking a tablet... Is it possible to do that...?
    Something like an Ipad/Xoom/Galaxy Tab would work perfectly, but it would have to have HDMI/DVI in.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

Deleted
    For iPad, I know it's possible to use it as a computer and then use a TV as an external screen. But I don't think it's posible to use it as a screen by itself. It has video-out, but no video-in, sadly.Dunno about the galaxy tab tho.

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/c609/
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/c609/
    Kinda, but I hadn't thought of searching for a USB moniter. When I tried that search in google, it came up with this: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CI0CEPMCMAg#

Which is pretty much exactly what I wanted. So thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :>

You may also want to look into a remote desktop setup. That would allow you to use any size computer from anywhere with an Internet connection, while only needing to carry around a netbook. Personally, I'd recommend linux for it if your tools allow it since, at least in my experience, it's the easiest to remote into (SSH w/ X11 forwarding).Source: computer engineering student, Rochester Institute of Technology

That's all good, glad to have helped in some way xD
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895