Thread: H100 vs Lvl10GT

H100 vs Lvl10GT

The Corsair H100 water-cooler set.
    Level 10 GT case.

Are these two items compatible with one another? I'm uncertain where I'd put the radiator.
    Would it be mounted to replace the 200mm fan on the top? :<

/curious

Now obviously the H100 isn't out yet it would seem, but I'm mostly interested if it would fit in the case at all without doing odd stuff.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-07-26 at 11:07 AM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    it say`s on thermaltake`s home page that it has Water cooling support for internal 120 & 240mm radiator
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Aye. Seems it has to replace the top 200mm to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Aye. Seems it has to replace the top 200mm to fit.
    That's usually adviced. You could also see if you could just ghettoattach it somewhere inside. :P
    I'd also recommend you to use them as exhaust. Push/Pull seems wasted seeing how incredibly thin the fin-array is. I'm still doubting whether it'll come close to the NH-D14. The H80 is nowhere close, but is a completely different design.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    my NZXT phantom came with 2 brackets to ghetto mount a radiator where i now have 2, 200mm fans on top. so the h100 could be done as so.

and everyone saying the NH D14 is the best dont know what they're saying. you sacrifice by giving up the choice of top end ram for low profile ram.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    and everyone saying the NH D14 is the best dont know what they're saying. you sacrifice by giving up the choice of top end ram for low profile ram.
    A choice I'd make any day of the week, as top end RAM gives no extra benefits whatsoever, in any day-to-day usage situation. And in veeery select few specific ones.

The NH-D14 is the best.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    A choice I'd make any day of the week, as top end RAM gives no extra benefits whatsoever, in any day-to-day usage situation. And in veeery select few specific ones.

The NH-D14 is the best.
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...ooler_review/3
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/...tsink_review/3

H100 beats NH-D14 in outright cooling performance. It's much louder though, so that area's subjective

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...ooler_review/3
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/...tsink_review/3

H100 beats NH-D14 in outright cooling performance. It's much louder though, so that area's subjective
    That's a rather soft overclock, though. I'd expect it to be much closer at 4.2~4.4

Also, louder = dealbreaker. :P
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    That's a rather soft overclock, though. I'd expect it to be much closer at 4.2~4.4

Also, louder = dealbreaker. :P
    But it's a 920, you'll need custom loops to push the 920 that high. a 3.6GHz/1.45v clock for a 920 is probably equivalent to a 2600k 4.4GHz "soft overclock." I'm pretty sure every new PC being built nowadays are 2nd gen i5/i7s now.

dude this review is lame ...

i7 920 3.6ghz @ 1.45V LOL , Stock Intel heatsink can handle 1.45V @ 71C AHAHAH LOL FUCKING BULLSHIT

Im getting those temps with my NH-D14 . i7 930 4GHZ @ 1.27V = 65-68C after many hours in Prime95
    I also have like 10 fans in my case so the airflow is fucking optimal and im using MX3 thermal paste, everything is well seated(at first i thought it wasnt but my cousin whos an engineer(hardcore hardware PC enthusiast) helped and he said everything was totally fine.

To be honest, I dont thinkg any1 should trust this Review its fucking bullshit , a i7 920 3.6ghz @ 1.45V (seriously its ALOT of voltage for i7 920, enough to fry ur chips after few hours in prime 95) Its just impossible that they get 37C under load with so much voltage.

hardware.no placed the H70 and NH-D14 within 2-3 degrees of each other at 90w. >>
    Though at 120w the distance literally doubled.

What exactly is the difference between the H70 and H80 though? There is literally only one shop in Norway that I've found shipping H70 to begin with, and that at the price of the H80.

hardware.no placed the H70 and NH-D14 within 2-3 degrees of each other at 90w. >>
    Though at 120w the distance literally doubled.

What exactly is the difference between the H70 and H80 though? There is literally only one shop in Norway that I've found shipping H70 to begin with, and that at the price of the H80.
    The NH-D14 doesn't suffer as much the heavier the overclock gets compared to their competitors; That's what makes it superior; not its temp at midrange clocks. This obviously assumes one have a chip that can handle it.

Also, I'd think you could pull a few strings of information from this thread. I trust reviews like that much more than I trust reviews from big review-sites nowadays, as they all seem to be parading as sales-reps, so they can keep standing in their good grace, and are afraid of giving anything a bad review. I'm exaggerating a bit, but when almost everything on certain sites are positive reviews, it gets old and suspicious quick.
    &nbsp;

Can't say I noticed that with hardware.no, but I can see where you're coming from when you mention overclock levels. Their reviews are distinctly lacking a real scale of how it goes when you turn the heat up, so to speak...

Can't say I noticed that with hardware.no, but I can see where you're coming from when you mention overclock levels. Their reviews are distinctly lacking a real scale of how it goes when you turn the heat up, so to speak...
    I wasn't pointing any fingers at anything specific; I don't usually follow that many review-sites, and when I do, it's mainly for PSUs.

But in their defense, it is hard to test under extreme overclocks, because all CPUs are guaranteed only to handle stock - anything above is a bonus.
    But I tend to not trust reviews whom only/mostly test stock/low overclocks. Because to the crowd that are avid computerusers enough to research this stuff, a low overclock is often not even in the calculus.
    I overclock everything*. Because I can.

*) Obviously not PCI-E lanes or similiar.
    &nbsp;

My mobo's still in for diagnosing, and they estimate not having an answer before the frigging end of the week, so I figure I've got till about then to consider a new cooler. What with the convenience it would bring to have the cooler be placed on the mobo immediately after reattaching the CPU.