Computer noob - is this any good?

I posted a thread yesterday about prebuilt vs. a custom build and have been poking around on http://newegg.ca since looking at parts when I found this:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314

Is this any good for a prebuilt for the $479.99 price tag? I don't know much about computers, but will this do as a basic gaming PC?

It will somehow run WoW @ medium settings I guess, wouldn't consider it "good" though. But it should do as a very VERY basic gamign PC. Don't expect to play Crysis on it.

Deleted
    Generally for most games (and a lot of other applications) you may want to steer clear from AMD CPUs. They are usually the cheaper choice (i would recommend trying to get either an i3 2100/i5 2500k/i7 2600k).

Also the build you posted has an average (midrange) graphics card which should be able to handle most games around low-mid settings (don't expect amazing things out of it). Especially paired with that cpu i wouldn't expect a lot of things.

The upside it that the package includes windows really. Other than that it's an average computer at best, and most likely you'll be looking for a (total or partial upgrade) in about a year (if you want to continue gaming decently).

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    It will somehow run WoW @ medium settings I guess, wouldn't consider it "good" though. But it should do as a very VERY basic gamign PC. Don't expect to play Crysis on it.
    Edit: Ignore my post didn't notice it was HD 5570, thought it was HD 5770.

I would say no because you can build much better PC for the same price.
    Last edited by Tic Tacs; 2011-07-26 at 12:54 PM.

According to Fuzzykins' sweet spot build an i3 2100 with a decent graphics card can run ultra without shadows. So if you're looking for a cheap pre-built then take a look at this one and then buy a decent GPU for it...though depending on which one you get you may have to upgrade the PSU too...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16883229265

Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    According to Fuzzykins' sweet spot build an i3 2100 with a decent graphics card can run ultra without shadows. So if you're looking for a cheap pre-built then take a look at this one and then buy a decent GPU for it...though depending on which one you get you may have to upgrade the PSU too...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16883229265

this one has build in graphics the amd one has gpu ..you might want to get a graphic card with this one ...just saying ...good luck

just this is my opinion ..
    Last edited by scoot70; 2011-07-26 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Edit: Ignore my post didn't notice it was HD 5570, thought it was HD 5770.

I would say no because you can build much better PC for the same price.
    I'm running a 5770 and play any game at max or near max settings, where are you getting that bs from? Obviously the 5570 is a bunch weaker but saying WoW runs at medium on a 5770 is total bullshit.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I too use an HD5770 and run WoW with everything minus shadows at max. However for preference I play at 1680x1050 rather than 1920x1080. In other games I play medium to high though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Um this is surprising for me. My PC is:
    Intel Pentium E2140 2666MHz O/C
    2 Gb 667 Ram
    GeForce 8600 256Mb
    320Gb 7200 IDE

And i run WoW on medium settings with ~60 fps 1920x1080

Deleted
    Now that's a cool case!