Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

SWTOR : Story Content equivelent to 60 novels!

So a Gamespot dev interview this week suggested the story content in SWTOR is equivelent to 60 fully fledged novels....

Try and get your head around that fact 60 NOVEL's......

I dont know about anyone else but I cant comprehend how much stuff there is going to be and im not doing a WoW bash by suggesting it but I think the current MMO style of a zone having a very lightly played story arc could be looking stone age come winter.

Imagine the investment and time you would have to put in to see all the content I was excited about TOR but now im mouth wateringly hungry for this.

So what can we expect? What do you think the story arcs will be like going on previous bioware games. I personally Love my Original WoW toons but always felt like a spectator when leveling through the lore Imagine being fully immersed and relevant to the world you are playing in.

/discuss.

edit: I didnt put this in the 700+ page thread as i thought this is specifically about the lore and leveling process rather than confirmed features and deserves a discussion of its own

250 hours of gameplay to hit 50.
    8 classes with unique storylines.
    =
    2000 hours of gameplay just in quest content.

Deleted
    I heard there was enough voice overs to fill the empire strikes back 30 times over. Thats quite a boast if true, but we already have a great SWTOR thread.

sure thing, expect a lot of grind quests...

I'm looking forward to it! But really, there is another thread, should have posted this there :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    I heard there was enough voice overs to fill the empire strikes back 30 times over. Thats quite a boast if true, but we already have a great SWTOR thread.
    Indeed I said we have a fantastic SWOTR thread, But felt this was lore / quest specific topic so warranted its own discussion.

It kind of Irks me although i accept primarily a WoW news site it would be nice to have a SWTOR specific form and maybe even a little swtor news on the front page now and again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dabs View Post
    sure thing, expect a lot of grind quests...
    Go back and enjoy your WoW. Leave other games to people who actually want to play them. Theres no need for your useless opinion on anything in the world.

Tbh i think the only grindy quests are the bonus quests to kill things that pop up in areas filled with the mobs you need to kill.....and they complete automatically when done so dont even need to hand them in

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Go back and enjoy your WoW. Leave other games to people who actually want to play them. Theres no need for your useless opinion on anything in the world.
    im rather hyped about swtor, but 2000 hours of quality questing? yeah right

I don't understand this comparison at all. Novels are usually classified as anything over 40,000 words but the average I'm sure is higher than that.

I somehow doubt their story is 2.4 million words. Maybe you can post the interview so I can understand the context

Deleted
    im rather hyped about swtor, but 2000 hours of quality questing? yeah right
    No where do they state that it is. 200 hours of gameplay is if you watch all the conversations, and quest your way to 50.

It will be less if you choose to skip stuff. You're just making pointless comments on things today it seems.

Don't mind dabs, he's upset that I didn't call him back after our date.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    I don't understand this comparison at all. Novels are usually classified as anything over 40,000 words but the average I'm sure is higher than that.

I somehow doubt their story is 2.4 million words. Maybe you can post the interview so I can understand the context
    It was in a developer walkthrough of Alderan, iirc. The dude said there was enough story content in the game to fill 60 full length novels.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Don't mind dabs, he's upset that I didn't call him back after our date.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 01:11 PM ----------

It was in a developer walkthrough of Alderan, iirc. The dude said there was enough story content in the game to fill 60 full length novels.
    and people actually believe this.

So here is my issue and obviously need a beta/live to figure this out. So from 1-50 they are trying to guarantee you will not repeat a quest? That is how 200 hours of game play per class actually works. I am seriously scared about how long content updates will take if this is true.

Deleted
    200 hours of gameplay to reach 50 but remember also that some of those quests are planet's or side quests. It's not unique for every class but it's still a lot of hours, let's say 150 to reach 50lvl.

Further more, the ability to choose different options during quests gives more parallel stories, meaning more gameplay hours. Never the less, a huge game, really looking forward for it's launch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can, "unique story" content be played with groups?

I mainly ask this because I like to play MMO's with duos.

and people actually believe this.
    So cynical. Hater hater hater.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    200 hours of gameplay to reach 50 but remember also that some of those quests are planet's or side quests. It's not unique for every class but it's still a lot of hours, let's say 150 to reach 50lvl.

Further more, the ability to choose different options during quests gives more parallel stories, meaning more gameplay hours. Never the less, a huge game, really looking forward for it's launch!
    What is their definition of a planet though? Some gay instanced zone that is blocked off and 100ft across? Is a planet a actual planet? I doubt it. If we go by how they define planets WoW has??? hey WoW fans how many zones does WoW have like 60? ok so WoW has 60 planets??

See how this does not make very much sense.

I can't wait. I'm so bored with WoW now that I haven't logged in for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I can't wait. I'm so bored with WoW now that I haven't logged in for a few days.
    Well you better free up another 2-4 months then to get a hobby because this is coming Soon(tm)