Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You really think Blizzard's programmers/devs can't implement such feature? I can't even know what to say. Lord of the Rings might have some interesting features but it doesn't mean WoW has to have it. WoW is wow, LOTRO is LOTRO bud, they are different...get over with it.
    The question is not whether they can do it or not, but if they are willing to put effort/money in it. That is what the other guys means by ‘becoming lazy’.
    I play the game for 6 years now, and I loved it, and still do.

But I think most people can see the flaws of the last expansion, the things that the other guys stamps as ‘lazy’:

- Only 5 levels in cataclysm, for a total of 2 days of playing at max.
    - Lore seems missing at points. I had a lot better feeling of the story during Vanilla, TBC and Wrath.
    - pve and pvp still screw each other over and it has been going on for years now. Yes it is time for change here. If 90% of the patch notes every content patch are class balances majorly for pvp, then something is wrong, end of it.
    - we still have the same stupid 16 slot starter bag. And why? Because coding it to change it is too difficult? I doubt that.
    - yes a wardrobe is something that should have been added long ago. Some people do like to keep their armor sets.
    - people don’t have the same feeling of accomplishment, because almost everything is handed to them on a platter. (getting Valor points easier in dungeons than in raids is one of them, Timbermaw Hold rep a second)
    - Cataclysm is lacking content, especially for people that do not raid or pvp.
    - several metagems and enchants were missing at the start of Cata. I used a level 80 metagem and still use a L80 cloak enchant simply because it is as good as or even better than the current L85 ones.
    - fishing is still as boring as it was before, but as a raider you are basicaly forced to do it for the better food.
    - Archeology: sorry but this looks like an artificial way of sinking time to me.
    - Game support is meager at best. I am lucky if get a GM who wants to talk to me in game. Most of the time I get a standardized mail which provides no information.
    - mounts: take the gladiator mount, it is a freaking old one, which has been brushed up a bit and was given a helm. Same goes for almost every new mount added: they are not new.

These are the things (and there are more of them) that are considered as ‘lazy’.
    Now don’t get me wrong, they will not stop me from playing (not soon anyway) but it start to make me think.

Like I keep saying GW2 and SWToR have to be just trash from the word go to not just hammer WoW subs. Even hardcore WoW fans are looking at Blizzard like they are nuts. That is just too much money to be dropping one 7 boss raid 6 months after an expansion. Something is going on and that money is going somewhere.

If they come through on this 200 hours per class that will simply be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    What is their definition of a planet though? Some gay instanced zone that is blocked off and 100ft across? Is a planet a actual planet? I doubt it. If we go by how they define planets WoW has??? hey WoW fans how many zones does WoW have like 60? ok so WoW has 60 planets??

See how this does not make very much sense.
    The game will launch with more land area than Wow has. 2 or 3 big planets make up the Eastern Kingdoms. Theres a couple little planets for the newbie areas which are rightfully smaller. Devs didn't want to make it too big where you would never see other players, but SWTOR will launch with ~ 100+ Wow zones.

So yeah, you aught to read up on it before you jump into a non-wow video game forum and start spewing misinformation and make yourself look silly. Wow is that way..mmkay

This really is a crazy argument. Considering that this is the internet we are talking about and people from the internet will be playing this game. So only very few things will happen:

1. People will say that it takes to long to quest to max level - game sucks.
    2. People will say that the game was too short (skipped voice segments) and they are bored in 2 days after release - game sucks.
    3. People will say they played the game (though they probably didn't) and then trash it saying "[insert other mmo] is and always will be better" and hopes that swtor will fail.
    4. People will enjoy the game - game doesn't suck.

There is a blurry line between opinion and fact on the internet. What makes anyone think that having 200 hours worth of quests will change anyone's minds? Most of the people trashing swtor already have their minds made up and will not stop trashing it.

Want to know the crowd SWToR die hard fans really have to deal with? It is the swarm of locust I call "mmo hardcore pvp'rs". These are the morons that refuse to just stick with DAoC or WAR and try and get RvR into every pve game that exist.

These will be the morons responsible for bounty hunter or Sith nerfs because rock beat paper in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    The question is not whether they can do it or not, but if they are willing to put effort/money in it. That is what the other guys means by ‘becoming lazy’.
    I play the game for 6 years now, and I loved it, and still do.

But I think most people can see the flaws of the last expansion, the things that the other guys stamps as ‘lazy’:

- Only 5 levels in cataclysm, for a total of 2 days of playing at max.
    - Lore seems missing at points. I had a lot better feeling of the story during Vanilla, TBC and Wrath.
    - pve and pvp still screw each other over and it has been going on for years now. Yes it is time for change here. If 90% of the patch notes every content patch are class balances majorly for pvp, then something is wrong, end of it.
    - we still have the same stupid 16 slot starter bag. And why? Because coding it to change it is too difficult? I doubt that.
    - yes a wardrobe is something that should have been added long ago. Some people do like to keep their armor sets.
    - people don’t have the same feeling of accomplishment, because almost everything is handed to them on a platter. (getting Valor points easier in dungeons than in raids is one of them, Timbermaw Hold rep a second)
    - Cataclysm is lacking content, especially for people that do not raid or pvp.
    - several metagems and enchants were missing at the start of Cata. I used a level 80 metagem and still use a L80 cloak enchant simply because it is as good as or even better than the current L85 ones.
    - fishing is still as boring as it was before, but as a raider you are basicaly forced to do it for the better food.
    - Archeology: sorry but this looks like an artificial way of sinking time to me.
    - Game support is meager at best. I am lucky if get a GM who wants to talk to me in game. Most of the time I get a standardized mail which provides no information.
    - mounts: take the gladiator mount, it is a freaking old one, which has been brushed up a bit and was given a helm. Same goes for almost every new mount added: they are not new.

These are the things (and there are more of them) that are considered as ‘lazy’.
    Now don’t get me wrong, they will not stop me from playing (not soon anyway) but it start to make me think.
    yep true, thnx for summing up why i quit wow.

Really looking forward to tor come Xmas

Can you primitives stick to the main thread like everyone else instead of filling the entire video game forum section with SWTOR threads that get deleted every day... attention whore attempts.

Attracting wise heroes like Puremallace and comrades; like moths, to add more wood to the fire and keep bitching and stupidity at max velocity.
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2011-07-26 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    Can you primitives stick to the main thread like everyone else instead of filling the entire video game forum section with SWTOR threads that get deleted every day... attention whore attempts.
    Yea lol idk what it is, but the people who don't post in the main thread just create one and it usually turns into a flame thread...

Please keep SWTOR discussion to the main SWTOR thread.