So, having played since the last couple weeks of Vanilla... I'm making my first serious foray into PvP other than short grinds on some of my toons when I wanted a particular mount or something. I'm leveling a disc priest who is currently 27, just a couple bars shy of 28, through the following pattern - first couple levels of a bracket I do instances to try and replace whatever gear isn't covered by heirlooms (I have chest, shoulders, cloak, helm, and staff, with proper enchants on what I was able to enchant), then the last two-three levels I hit the BG's. Just AB so far, because WSG makes me want to vomit blood. I'm going tailoring/chanting, farming mats on my warlock to keep my professions up to snuff with my level.

It's been fun! I find I can handle most classes one-on-one even if they're also in heirlooms, though skilled warriors and paladins are tricky, and I once got into a one-on-one with another twinked-out disc priest that seemed to go on FOREVER until I caught him with a lucky Penance while his shield was on CD and he was trying to heal.

I'm interested in carrying this experiment on to 85, and possibly continuing to do BG's or maybe even RBG's at 85. I'm really not interested in arena, I've tried it before and hated it (though that was on a holy paladin back when arenas were new, maybe it's better now?).

Anyway... after that big ol TL;DR up there... are there any good resources for Disc PVP that are for lower-level characters, or aren't quite so heavily arena-focused, or do any of you have any tips/recommendations for someone who's been playing WoW forever but has never really taken PVP seriously?