10+ Year Old Account

My (alt's) 10 Comp--Feedback Please

My alt's raid group is just starting to bust into FL, and I am having doubts about our comp's viability. Usually I wouldn't care (since I'm not RL) but since my main is well progressed in FL most of the explanations and fight calls are falling to me, so I am starting to feel more responsible for the group. So far we have only downed Shannox (quite easily) and had 1 hour or so of pretty rough wipes on Beth.

Feral and Blood tanks

Holy Priest, Disc Priest, Holy Pal

AS Rogue
    Enh Shaman
    Spriest
    Arcane Mage x2

Besides all the potential issues around Cloth loot, Beth exposed a lack of aoe and a lack of slows that can easily be applied at range, as well as a lack of dps with reliable taunts (although this only really factors in for Beth). Looking forward to Alys I also see a potential lack of Fieroblast interrupts (I'm not sure a rog can handle all of one initiate's casts...i could be wrong).

Does this comp look weak or am I making too much of this?

Also if you have any insight into proper handling of adds in Beth p1 that would be appreciated. We were trying Spriest on spiderlings, mages on spinners, rog on drone, shaman up top and also on drone a bit for 2nd upstairs phase if drone was behind. This wasn't working though. Spiderlings fell behind, Spinner spit overwhelmed the healers because we only have the shaman taunt (on a 15 sec CD, and potentially longer if UE was used right before the Spinners descended). Can a rogue solo handle the Spiderlings with FoK and maybe Crippling Poison?

Somewhat of an unfocused plea post...so apologies and thanks in advance.
    "Brevity is...wit"

comp looks decent, if your mages could go fire for beth and blastwave the adds for slows that could help, also the aoe they do is really nice aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes one of our mages has a fire spec and we tried it for spiderlings...i think he is just terrible at fire. We decided his dps loss for losing Arcane won't be worth it (especially if we have to push most of her health in p2 because we are so behind on p1). It probably would be best to have 1 be fire for that I agree.

edit: as arcane he is our 2nd highest dps sing tar behind our sham...so we lose a lot.
    "Brevity is...wit"

No reason your group should fail due to this comp. One mage go Fire for Beth'tilac AOE.
    Holy Pally and tanks should be ready to help with stuns on Ragnaros adds.

Alysrazor: Make one mages go fire and send them up with spriest. Enhancement shaman can interrupt one side by himself. Get your Rogue on the other Mages side of platform. That will suffice.

Also if you have any insight into proper handling of adds in Beth p1 that would be appreciated. We were trying Spriest on spiderlings, mages on spinners, rog on drone, shaman up top and also on drone a bit for 2nd upstairs phase if drone was behind. This wasn't working though. Spiderlings fell behind, Spinner spit overwhelmed the healers because we only have the shaman taunt (on a 15 sec CD, and potentially longer if UE was used right before the Spinners descended).
    It just sounds like your DPS is underperforming - plain and simple. I think its important you accept it could very likely be this - and not try to rush to look for other excuses. You only send one dps up and still have problems downstairs? Maybe your spriest is spending too much time running to spiderlings to aoe them when they spawn? You dont need to kill them instantly, you can let them come a little closer inrange and then kill them. Saves time running between various spawn points etc.

edit: as arcane he is our 2nd highest dps sing tar behind our sham...so we lose a lot.
    Two arcane mages and a spriest getting beat by an enh shaman? That'd be funny if it weren't so incredibly sad. Also, you don't need to interrupt every cast on Alysrazor. We had an all ranged group and we downed it just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    My alt's raid group is just starting to bust into FL, and I am having doubts about our comp's viability. Usually I wouldn't care (since I'm not RL) but since my main is well progressed in FL most of the explanations and fight calls are falling to me, so I am starting to feel more responsible for the group. So far we have only downed Shannox (quite easily) and had 1 hour or so of pretty rough wipes on Beth.

Feral and Blood tanks

Holy Priest, Disc Priest, Holy Pal

AS Rogue
    Enh Shaman
    Spriest
    Arcane Mage x2

Besides all the potential issues around Cloth loot, Beth exposed a lack of aoe and a lack of slows that can easily be applied at range, as well as a lack of dps with reliable taunts (although this only really factors in for Beth). Looking forward to Alys I also see a potential lack of Fieroblast interrupts (I'm not sure a rog can handle all of one initiate's casts...i could be wrong).

Does this comp look weak or am I making too much of this?

Also if you have any insight into proper handling of adds in Beth p1 that would be appreciated. We were trying Spriest on spiderlings, mages on spinners, rog on drone, shaman up top and also on drone a bit for 2nd upstairs phase if drone was behind. This wasn't working though. Spiderlings fell behind, Spinner spit overwhelmed the healers because we only have the shaman taunt (on a 15 sec CD, and potentially longer if UE was used right before the Spinners descended). Can a rogue solo handle the Spiderlings with FoK and maybe Crippling Poison?

Somewhat of an unfocused plea post...so apologies and thanks in advance.
    I rogue can solo interrupt one side of the room for Fieroblast. However, it's only possible if they glyph kick, which makes the c/d 6 seconds when succesfully interrupting a cast.

As for spiderlings, i dont think a rogue can solo them. We have a hunter/shadow priest on spiderlings.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvre View Post
    Two arcane mages and a spriest getting beat by an enh shaman? That'd be funny if it weren't so incredibly sad. Also, you don't need to interrupt every cast on Alysrazor. We had an all ranged group and we downed it just fine.
    A good geared enh shammy is doing alot of dps had our enh doing 21k in 359-353 gear on valiona (3k more than same geared arcane Mage) so enh is good.

Btw, Mage can go frost, it's not that bad. Our Mage swithed to frost, and now he's doing 500 less dps on singel target, and Alot more on aoe, whitch our raid needed alot

Deleted
    You have 2 single target healers; Disc Priest & Holy Pally, this is a pretty weak comp, considering most of the fights have a lot of high raid-wide damage. Also, you don't need the DPS up top for the whole fight, having him/her up for 1 go will be fine.