Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Zortha, holy mastery pretty much blew before this bug. Now it just blows even more.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Zortha, holy mastery pretty much blew before this bug. Now it just blows even more.
    with little to no mastery it increases your healing by around 10% so it far from blows, althought it could use a few tweaks like being effected in beacon and HR its not far behind the holy preists mastery and they just aoe half the time so its in a decent place. Blizz cant really buff mastery much more or it will just result in a nerf elsewhere as holy pallies are a very powerfull healer as it is.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

This is news to me. So basically avoid using instants unless its WoG after casting lol.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemery View Post
    If Blizzard fixes this, do you guys think it will finally be a useful stat? Like one worth actually trying to get? Or not worry about it too much?
    The fact that most people has based their stat weightings by believeing mastery actually works, I don't think it will change much.

However, since it will probably mean that Illuminated healing isn't to it's full potentional on worldoflogs and such, it means that if this was fixed we would probably see the IH get a 2-5% increase.

It depends a lot on playstyle, for instance in a 7 min fight you might only directly cast Holy Shock after a cast time heal on the same player if a lot of damage was taken on him, which might not happen more than 3-4 times, which means it's a total of maybe 20k absorb lost in a 7 min fight. And that's not really a lot.
    This is news to me. So basically avoid using instants unless its WoG after casting lol.
    Changing your healing playstyle to account for this bug will give you a greater net loss than just healing as you usually do.
    Hi

Just curious, has anyone tested this with a target taking damage?

Maybe its just a client-side tooltip/combatlog bug for the casting paladin?

Should check to see what value the tank's combat log records the absorb at.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I am thinking.

When you heal yourself it does this
    Heal 1 gets sent to server. no buff on the player.
    Buff gets placed on the target
    Heal 2 gets sent to the server. buff on the player.
    Buff updated at client.

When you heal someone else.
    Heal 1 gets sent to server. no buffs on the player. Starts to send the info back but.....
    Heal 2 gets sent to server. no buffs on the player (as the first has not applied) - so the first gets interrupted
    Heal 2 buff is applied on target by itself.

If you heal yourself, you see the buff appear immediately. When you heal someone else, it takes 0.5-0.7 for the buff to appear, by then you have already casted your second heal.

almost certain its to do with latency.
    it could be this... OR... it could be that there is a hidden "travel time" for non-instant heals which would cause the same delay

its sort of like when a mage casts fireball and hits fireblast at the end of the cast... fireball technically casted first, but the fire blast will reach the target WAY before the fireball does because of the travel time on fireball

if this is the case, my suggestion would be to remove the "bolt" from cast time heals and treat them as instant heals (so that it lands directly on the target and not "sent" to the target)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

If this is anything like Ignite for Fire mages then it cannot be resolved. It's a server issue. Just have to live with it I'm afraid.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    No, you heal the way you have always healed. This just makes Mastery less valuable than it would have otherwise been. By the same token Ignite 'munching' created by the same server problem of two things hitting at the same time devalues Fire mages mastery too.