Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't an SSD a solid state drive and basicaly a hard drive but super fast?
    SSD is a very large memory card, like the one you'd put into digital camera or a mobile phone. So it's nothing like hard drive really, as nothing is saved with magnets on a spinning disc, it just pretends to be one. It pretends so well that the computer does not see any difference between real harddisc and the memory card.

That's the most untechnical explanation that can be given about it without changing or omitting any key facts
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    That's the most untechnical explanation that can be given about it without changing or omitting any key facts
    by far, kudos!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    This day shall always be remembered as the day where vesseblah made a smiley!

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    This day shall always be remembered as the day where vesseblah made a smiley!
    My sarcasm detector is twitching. I think I need to use smileys more often to confuse the hell out of people
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-07-28 at 10:34 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'm not sure what your point is? There's a bunch of technologies in the lab like memristors, phase change memory, etc that run the gamut from the research stage to small prototypes that are looking to replace end of the line flash technology.

Pretty much all of them are at least half a decade away from becoming commercially viable replacements for current tech.

Another upshot of removing the drive, other than pushing people to the App Store where Apple can extract their pound of flesh, Apple gets to increase their already fat product margins.

I hope apple crash and burn. The only good thing from them is Mac. My iPhone I'm on now is appalling and my iPods are always screwing up. I'm defs getting an android htc.