Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Of course, 90% of people are going to hear that name and think Austin Powers, not WoW.
    We're approaching a generation of gamers that were infants when Austin Powers was released.

That said, I may as well contribute. On my hunter, all the pets are named after Canadian prime ministers. Not game related, sure, but Canadians sure have epic names. Diefenbaker, Lougheed, etc. And as far as real pets are concerned, a friend allowed me to name his kittens; Biggs and Wedge. Of course, most would think Final Fantasy before they think Star Wars, but there you have it. Post comes full circle!
    Last edited by Joholy; 2011-07-27 at 06:38 AM.
    You know that pandas eat bamboo, there. They love the bamboo. You get, eh, you get a panda? And you got a bamboo in your backyard? It'll ruin it. Right? You got bamboo furniture? Well, uh, well, pandas go nuts.

Moved to Fun Stuff since this isn't really exclusive to GenWoW.

Also, he was referring to pets in real life named after something in a game. Not your hunter pets in game named after another game or real life.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    Called my wolf Ookami (wolf in japanese) and my wasp Suzemebachi (wasp in japanese). As my hunter's name is Gamakichi, saw it only fitting to give my pets Japanese names. :P

I call my cat Solid and my dog Snake. So put them together it's Solid Snake, the man from Metal Gear.

I've got a cat named Gregg, inspired by Gregg the Grim Reaper of Conker's Bad Fur Day.