Anyone know what would cause a drastic fps drop? :(

I use to run at around 90-100 fps in a quiet environment in WoW and 30-50 in a raid setting and now I run 62-64 and 16-18. It's really frustrating and it wasn't like this until a week ago and I don't know much about computers. I know I changed my power supply last week but i don't think that is it.. and if my computer wasn't completely plugged into my monitor it probably wouldn't turn on :\ I did update drivers and stuff and still nothing

SORRY TYPO! FPS! NOT DPS!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people have been having the same issue with wow in the last week or so. When you got your new power supply did you plug the power connections back into the video card? Is the new power supply more wattage or less then the last one? Well is the power supply more then efficient to run the system and graphics requirements? Have you checked your addons are they causing a slow down? try playing with minimal addons or none and see how it performs. A lot of addons like recount and some others are memory hogs sometimes. Have you touched any of your in game settings? Maybe have something to do with particle effects change at all? Just some guesses and a free bump hehe.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Deleted
    Have you changed any game settings lately? Running WoW in windowed fullscreen mode does affect the FPS a good bit, also the shadow detail level can cripple the FPS if it is too high

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    First try running a system restore to the previous week when the computer was working properly. If that fails hit us back up.

Always can do a complete reformat if all fails. That usually solves all problems.