What happened to my WoW account?

So basically I can't login to Wow due to my authenticator codes being incorrect. I did the account recovery and haven't gotten a response, and I plan to call Blizz soon, but I was just wondering if anyone has an idea what is going on. I reset my password, and it is correct because it allows me to type in the authenticator code, but says the info is not correct. Maybe I'm just overlooking something, but I have absolutely no clue why I can't log in. How could I have gotten hacked with an authenticator and then have a new one put on? Just doesn't make sense. Maybe someone here will have a clue..

Did you make a mistake in your email address? Or is Caps lock on?

I'm pretty sure that it'll make you input your authenticator whether you're details are correct or not.

It sounds like your authenticator might be out of sync...I've had it happen to my mobile one when the battery totally dies. Is yours mobile or the keychain kind? If it's mobile just press the sync button.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resync it OP

Usually works

Why didn't i think of that >.< resyncing worked, knew i was just overlooking something. thanks

glad it wasn't that you were being hacked cause with the new system in place you've got less of a chance of getting your shit back. hopefully the blue that FINALLY posted on the forums after 13+ capped threads, several banned people, and several deleted threads is a sign of hope that compromise will actually come and those of us who like having to put in our code every time can go back to doing so.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

You can type any password , correct or not , and the authenticator window will show. Call blizzard if syncing it does not work.