Thread: Hunter PVP

Hunter PVP

How are hunters atm, Me and a friend are thinking about coming back to wow and I was wondering how Hunters are in pvp

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

A hunter has to play absolutely perfectly to be successful, they're in the worst place of any class atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    A hunter has to play absolutely perfectly to be successful, they're in the worst place of any class atm.
    Wrong.

Hunters are in an EXCEPTIONALLY good place in PvP right now with two very viable specs above 2200 rating. The only thing that requires 'perfect' play is placing your frost trap.

Don't listen to the BS QQ about hunters being a terrible pvp class. People are stuck with the stigma from Cata launch just like some people still claim ret to be OP just cause of the start of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Extremely wrong.

Hunters have been how they've always been (excluding BM) skill based. You're as good as you play, and your class won't carry you to a high rating. If you're good at hunter, you will definitely see results quickly. If you're bad, it will be an extremely frustrating time for you.

Pretty good actually.Plenty of comps in 2,3, and 5s, do very well in rated BGs. No real major complaints.

Hunter is just like a ret pally. it only works with another class that can carry you.

Feral/hunter is pretty much the only viable hunter comp right now, and if you were to replace the hunter with a mage it would be a free +200 rating.

hunters are fine in rbgs and in duels in arena they are kind of lacking sometimes cause of los but that the same with all ranged class i mean u still got kill command.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Hunters are very good in RBGs , and go very well with feral Druids in 2v2 arena ( my hunter is do 2v2 with a feral Druid )
    Every spec is good at pvp

I didn't want to believe it as well, but hunters are plagued in Arenas with LoS issues coupled with the minimal range effect. For example, when someone is los'ing you behind a pillar you have to approach to attack. Once you have moved around the object to los them, generally they are within melee range so again you still can't attack.

Hunters in RBGS are pretty lethal though since you have range and generally support from your team mates. Its a good thing you can get a higher conquest cap by having to run RBGs all week vs doing so through Arenas.

This is a link to an excellent post over at wowhead which reserved a deleted hunter post on the official wow forums. Should be a pretty interesting read for folks who think hunters are all peachy. http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=192950

Deleted
    The hunter class does not allow you to make many mistakes, and you need to practice a lot. i gotta say they are decent right now but the focus regen is VERY poor and frustrating sometimes. in arenas its very easy to avoid their damage, just stand on top of them or go behind a pillar and hunter has 0 damage output.

Difficult to play in 2s. Very viable in 3s, 5s and clutch in RBGs.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS