Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can download CPUidhardware monitor, it will tell you the temperatures of all your items in the computer in real time

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by naadra View Post
    You can download CPUidhardware monitor, it will tell you the temperatures of all your items in the computer in real time

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    Cool downloaded it, does it show anywhere what the like is a dangerous temperature for the computer? I see a bunch of temperatures but don't know if they are good or bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well dangerous is different for different types of items, look up what items you are worried about and see what their safe points are. There is a ton of articles on the temperatures of items that are safe and show the ranges you should be worried about.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Any good place to look for such articles? (besides google lol)

If you have a moment, could you glance over http://i55.tinypic.com/2hchukz.png and tell me if you notice any red flags? I plan to look further into being able to do it myself but want to make sure I'm safe until my PSU gets here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks ok to me, processor is a little warm if that is idle temp. I think the AMD ones run hotter though as well but I would check into it.

Na just google heh

Looks ok to me, processor is a little warm if that is idle temp. I think the AMD ones run hotter though as well but I would check into it.

Na just google heh
    Appreciate all the help. I googled it and it says max temperature is 49-70 or so.. not sure if I'm supposed to be below that range though. What worries me a little is the TMPIN2 it's at around 72C

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya on your processor it is 71C so if it gets close to that under load, you may want to look at a after market CPU cooler. Run a benchmark like prime95 test to get the processor to load and look at the temperatures. Make sure to monitor the temperatures and let us know what it hits as a max temp.

Ya on your processor it is 71C so if it gets close to that under load, you may want to look at a after market CPU cooler. Run a benchmark like prime95 test to get the processor to load and look at the temperatures. Make sure to monitor the temperatures and let us know what it hits as a max temp.

Should I run the "In place large FFT(maximum heat, power consumption, some ram tested)"

Will this hurt my computer to run this? It says torture test.
    Last edited by Kevie; 2011-07-28 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blend or whatever, or can run the small fft one. It wont hurt it as long as you are watching the temperatures of your CPU and GPU, if it gets too high just stop the test

Blend or whatever, or can run the small fft one. It wont hurt it as long as you are watching the temperatures of your CPU and GPU, if it gets too high just stop the test
    How high is too high?

Most PSU's are 80% efficient so if you get a 750w minimum, you should be be fine. I only buy Corsair PSU's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if your cpus top safe temperature range is 71 degrees, before it starts to smoke I would cut it off heh, so stop if it hits like 64ish

Says Self-test 8k passed after 3 tests and now is going onto 10k I guess. At 8k the highest it went was 62c. Now its gone to 63c max with the 10k tests. This is only for CPU #1 as CPU#2 says TRIAL.

Video card is sitting at 43c max right now.

Any thoughts? How long do you think this will take? I pretty sure I chose small fft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya you are fine right now, I saw your temp idle on you desktop pic and it was at 38c on your GPU so that is no biggie, that amd chip just runs hot. So I do not think it is a case problem really as your GPU is fairly avg temp, my gpus are sitting at 38 at the moment as well. So if you are worried about heat problems only thing I would do is get a after market cooler for your CPU. If you are going to be upgrading soon you can buy a cpu cooler now and use it on the new chip when you upgrade as well. If you are not going to be doing any major overclocking or anything you can go with a less expensive but still good Hyper 212 from cooler master. You can pick one up for about 25-30 dollars and it is great cpu cooler for the money. If you plan on doing some overclocking on the newer system above like 4.5ghz I would go with a NH d14 from noctura, it is known as one of the better air cooling solutions for higher overclocks and will run you about 90 dollars.

So long story short, your temps are fine, you are not at risk of frying your cpu or gpu right now, your chip runs a little hot then most so get a after market cpu cooler if you are uncomfortable.

I think I'm just gonna hold off on buying anything I don't have to. Even if the processor fried or w.e.. would it take anything out with it?
    Also would a good thing be to just keep Hardware moniter Pro, and make sure to check every once in a while that my CPU doesnt go over 64c?

Edit: Update the 10k passed at max 63c and the 12k test put me at 64c max before I stopped the program.
    Last edited by Kevie; 2011-07-28 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya the only time it is going to reach those high temperatures is of course when it is under a lot of stress / usage. So just keep HWM up and watch temps, honestly though not too many programs are going to push your cpu like a benchmark test will so you should be fine really.

I have one more question. I already ordered the HX750. And just thought about this will it work with a GA-K8NF-9 motherboard? The mobo is old.

Heres a link. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128268 <- I think thats the same exact one.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 09:35 PM ----------

Any thoughts?