Thread: Zerg help

Zerg help

So with the new season i wanna switch my race to zerg from protoss, any chance i could get tips? maybe some build orders and what to focus on, im only mid silver so nothing too complicated

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 04:24 AM ----------

can anyone help?

Just my little input. I watch a lot of streams and I'm Diamond.
    Infestors are win. Seriously. Lings and infestors can crush stalker/collossus and rine/seige like its ezmode.

Spread overlords, can't stress this enough. Even the high diamonds/masters forget to do this. But when you do you get a lot of map control and scouting. And spread creep. When you get lair tech put your ovies at your enemies expos and start pooping creep to delay.

A very common build amongst zerg is 13h/15p. This build requires you to be on your toes in the early game. Drone a lot screw gases until you have 2 bases running well. Put your lings at your enemies door and see his army size ~6m maybe earlier and make a call on whether you want more lings or you're safe to drone make lots of queens 3-4 is good to have, if you scout fast air then get more. Get 2 spines at your natural and gas at ~40 supply. Then start getting speed, lair, double chambers and get melee/armor.

Once lair is done get infestation pit and expand aggressively. ~9m you want to have your third up. Get pathogen glands quick. At about 1/3 way start pumping out your infestors. Once they're out and you got a shit ton of lings just fungal bomb everything and get good surrounds with your lings and you're ace.
    -Never fight off creep with your lings in in the early game. Fight near your spines.
    -If they're going to commit, which they most likely will in low leagues, you can probably throw up more spines.
    -This build is very standard when fighting Terran or toss.

Fast expands are harder in ZvZ low leagues since they like to do cute roach/ling all-ins.
    Go 14g/15p/21nest
    ling/bling aggression is extremely strong if you catch your opponent trying to fast expand. Even if he goes roaches you can overwhelm him with lings while your banelings fuck up his lings and left overs can run into the mineral line. At this point you can transit into roaches and just start rallying to their base.

Things to do as Zerg:
    -Get all your hatcheries on one control group, put your queens on separate control groups.
    -Macro hard.
    -Scout A LOT, sacing overlords or sacing lings for scouting information is vital to success.
    -Harass with your lings and prevent expos from establishing.
    -With infestors get burrow too get into your enemies base hold Shift-T it allows you to spam out infested terrans very quickly.
    -Scout on 9 supply. You want to see if hes going fast expand, fast pool, and how many gas hes taking.
    -Hydras are garbage unless you're against gateway units, even then if he goes colossus, which about 90% will, your hydras are going to get roasted. When you see colossi and you decide not to go infestor play the amount of corrupters you want / colossus is 4:1.
    -When you double click on your drones at your bases if it shows 20 drones then you're fully saturated.16 drones on mins (2/patch), 6 drones on gas (3/gas).
    -Extractor trick is good to use. You drone til 10 when you're approaching 75 mins take a drone put an extractor, build another drone, and then cancel the extractor. You'll cheat the supply and have 11 drones/10 supply.

wow man thanks, ive learned a lot more from you telling me this then any guide would tyvm

Don't be afraid to suicide overlords. Other than that, Brofl summed it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    For matchup specifics:

ZvT:
    Lots of lings does wonders in this matchup. Upgrade them really fast, and they tear Marines apart. The best thing about them, though, if the ability to counter attack. Oh, their moving out of their base? I guess I'll take a path to avoid their army and destroy and expo!

Mutas and very good at harrassing Terran, and Infestors are stupid strong vs Bio.

Against Mech, roaches are king. But any time going roaches, you can't just max out and sit around doing nothing. You want to be trading armies at that point, since roaches are cost efficient, but supply inefficient.

ZvP:

My best matchup, in my opinion. There are so many things you can do.

I personally open 14 hatch 16 pool, and then get gasses depending on what they are doing.(Expanding? Don't get gasses until around 40 supply. 4 gate? Gas as soon as I notice) The main point, in my opinion, is to be racing upgrades.

I usually start with Roach/Ling, upgrading missile attacks, and work on getting a third and fourth. You always want to put down a Hydra den, because if they are going for mass gateway(Usually Blink stalkers) you very well might need them...also if you attack and see no colossi, I recommend re-maxing with Hydras.(Hydras are AMAZING vs everything Protoss has. Besides Colossi and HT. Grr.)

ZvZ:

Im terrible at this matchup, but it usually comes down to Ling/Bane, Lings, or Roaches.

I do know that if it goes on, Infestors are AMAZING.

If you are interested, I got some replays you can look at. 2 ZvTs and 2 ZvPs(One or two might be on an old patch, I havn't played much recently)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?atdj2lkp9jce7pm

Also, if you are on US, you can send a message to me. Seam.482
    Last edited by seam; 2011-07-27 at 03:47 PM.