Question Help with H Rhyolith. (Logs and current strat included)

Our current strategy is, we all run and stack near the middle, aoe heal, kill the adds where they spawn. We have set dps on the legs, the fragments, and the sparks. We pop hero usually when the 4th spark comes out to try and push him past 25, but he keeps making it to the 5 minute mark before we hit 25%.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0shmpjbsfhnjr4gg/

Those are the logs from last week, the ones for this week arent up for some reason. in the first few attempts, Amiray the paladin healer is there, 3-4 attempts in we change myself(Amiray) out for another druid healer which didnt do much. This week instead of Crank we have myself again. Healing really isnt the problem it seems. Can anyone give any advice? I can answer any questions.

Amiray,

You need to assign more DPS to the legs, make sure the black oozes do not touch the boss using knockbacks etc, maybe assign a dps to the ones that are closest.

Get Spriests / Locks / Boomers to AOE the adds while everyone else sits on the legs.

You want to be pushing the legs after the 4th spark is dead.

Somehow WoL is bugging for me, but my 2 cents:

You say that healing isn't the problem, so you could try to drop a healer for another dps. But since you have issues making 25% before the 5 min mark, that leads me to think you either:

- Have a dps problem (People doing too low dps in general)
    - Have an assignment problem (People focusing too much on adds, especially the spark perhaps?)
    - Have a 'steering' problem: If it takes you forever to hit those vulcanos, especially early ones, this will hurt your dps like hell.

The 2nd and 3rd problem are easily solved. Steer better, or try to assign your dps a bit differently. Especially sparks are in no rush to die (up to a point, ofc). If the 1t problem is the issue... telll your raiders to l2play? :P

Thank you guys very much for the advice. Also, i see a lot of people bringing the adds a long with the boss, is that the smartest thing to do?

Having same problem as OP, bringing fragments to the legs to AoE them down
    Is 7 healers(both OP and I were 7 healing) overkill?

We found that after a week of wiping, only some minor changes were needed to get our kill (just last night).

Our strat:

1 tank (Protadin), 2 heals (Hpally/Rdruid), 3 Melee (1 Rogue and 2 Frost DK), and then Spriest, Lock, Arc Mage, and Hunter.

We were blowing Bloodlust after the 3rd spark died and burning the legs down from 50% ish. If you start your burn before the 3rd spark comes out (about 3:30 into the fight) you will push over 25% where all the adds despawn and kill the boss before 5 minutes where he gets Superheated.

Yes, he gets Superheated in p2.

I should also note that for our strat we only slowed the elemental goo things with chillblains and stunning them with glyphed holy wrath. The warlock and priest would often aoe Fragments under the boss, so there was the odd little guy that died as well. The execution felt much easier when we started the burn at 3:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeyxn View Post
    We found that after a week of wiping, only some minor changes were needed to get our kill (just last night).

Our strat:

1 tank (Protadin), 2 heals (Hpally/Rdruid), 3 Melee (1 Rogue and 2 Frost DK), and then Spriest, Lock, Arc Mage, and Hunter.

We were blowing Bloodlust after the 3rd spark died and burning the legs down from 50% ish. If you start your burn before the 3rd spark comes out (about 3:30 into the fight) you will push over 25% where all the adds despawn and kill the boss before 5 minutes where he gets Superheated.

Yes, he gets Superheated in p2.

I should also note that for our strat we only slowed the elemental goo things with chillblains and stunning them with glyphed holy wrath. The warlock and priest would often aoe Fragments under the boss, so there was the odd little guy that died as well. The execution felt much easier when we started the burn at 3:30.
    How many stacks are on the legs when you go for the burn and p2?