Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor

Someone who's simcraft is working please tell me this trinket is BA for affliction. I may cry if it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

currently...rep(378) and dmv win

In heroic gear with orange stick, necro becomes interesting.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-...clysm_edition/

Is a nice dynamically updated page showing them all - note you need to add the static value portion to each proc on the list for trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    This trinket is a mess. Currently the only spec it's BiS for is arcane. Meanwhile, they made the matrix restabilizer BiS for all agility classes. And that's what a trinket off of an end boss should be. They really bit the dust with this trinket. Give it what matrix has. Grants you haste, crit or mastery. Whichever is valued highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    This trinket is a mess. Currently the only spec it's BiS for is arcane. Meanwhile, they made the matrix restabilizer BiS for all agility classes. And that's what a trinket off of an end boss should be. They really bit the dust with this trinket. Give it what matrix has. Grants you haste, crit or mastery. Whichever is valued highest.
    You can add frost and fire to the list assuming we're talking about the heroic version.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    The idea and mechanic of this trinket are both great.. it's just the numbers that should be fixed.. best case scenario for the hc one is 1111-1428 dmg every 2.5 seconds resulting in arpox. 500 dps (+base intel which is enough to make is viable for mages)

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    The idea and mechanic of this trinket are both great.. it's just the numbers that should be fixed.. best case scenario for the hc one is 1111-1428 dmg every 2.5 seconds resulting in arpox. 500 dps (+base intel which is enough to make is viable for mages)
    Maybe I'm misreading this, but it says 1111-1428 damage per charge. You can have up to 10 charges, so that's really more like 11,110-14,280 damage every 2.5 seconds, no?

However, I'm assuming the charges build up like the stacks from the IDS, Muradin's Spyglass, etc. Or do they all reset once it deals damage?

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Maybe I'm misreading this, but it says 1111-1428 damage per charge. You can have up to 10 charges, so that's really more like 11,110-14,280 damage every 2.5 seconds, no?

However, I'm assuming the charges build up like the stacks from the IDS, Muradin's Spyglass, etc. Or do they all reset once it deals damage?
    You can gain a charge every 2.5 seconds, once it explodes all charges go away so it's max 1428 damage per 2.5 seconds anyway.. just that it can be 14280 every 25 seconds or 1428 every 2.5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Naforce View Post
    You can gain a charge every 2.5 seconds, once it explodes all charges go away so it's max 1428 damage per 2.5 seconds anyway.. just that it can be 14280 every 25 seconds or 1428 every 2.5 seconds.
    Oh, well then that's dumb.

It resets when you deal damage.

If it stacked to 10 and stayed at 10 it would be absurdly overpowered.

Oh, well then that's dumb.
    Well the thought isn't bad, problem is that it doesn't scale. I did test on what would happen if it did scale, i tested it with no scale (live version), small scale (same as DMC:Volcano), medium scale (twice volcanos) and heavy scale (three times volcanos scaling).

The results are found here http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/4e...2_trinkets.jpg , for some reason I couldn't link to it. It's not the freshest of sims but the trinket hasn't changed since.

Well the thought isn't bad, problem is that it doesn't scale. I did test on what would happen if it did scale, i tested it with no scale (live version), small scale (same as DMC:Volcano), medium scale (twice volcanos) and heavy scale (three times volcanos scaling).

The results are found here http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/4e...2_trinkets.jpg , for some reason I couldn't link to it. It's not the freshest of sims but the trinket hasn't changed since.
    So it'd be great if it scaled. At all. Haven't past incarnations of this trinket scaled? If so, are we sure this is working as intended? Maybe someone should ticket it...

So it'd be great if it scaled. At all. Haven't past incarnations of this trinket scaled? If so, are we sure this is working as intended? Maybe someone should ticket it...
    I've ticketed it several times, even sent all related info to a developer. They just don't care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seresumuerte View Post
    It resets when you deal damage.

If it stacked to 10 and stayed at 10 it would be absurdly overpowered.
    if it kept stackign that would make the proc aprox 9-10 times as powerfull, which for the simcraft means it beats the moonwell trinket by about 300 dps for demo .. so much for absurdly overpowered.

It scales with AP, arcane's mastery and molten fury for fire mages though. Any talent that affects all spell damage should therefor work on the VPLC.

Oh and it can crit which is nice.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    It scales with AP, arcane's mastery and molten fury for fire mages though. Any talent that affects all spell damage should therefor work on the VPLC.

Oh and it can crit which is nice.
    pardon me, of course I meant with spell power.

agreed this trinket IS WAYYYY underpowered for a lvl 384 rag dropped trinket, they get all the goodies but caster dont. They need to either CUT down the ICD for each crit, or increase the dmg per charge, or just change the entire effect. Cause whoever in blizzard made this trinket wasnt the same one who made the matrix restabilizer and the str trinket.

The only reason is so good for Arcane aswell its cause of the enormous amounts of Intellect cuase the proc its very meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The only reason is so good for Arcane aswell its cause of the enormous amounts of Intellect cuase the proc its very meh.
    In that case it would be good for all casters. Intellect is our number one stat as well.

It was op on ptr i recall it doing some 34k+ crits but that isn't the case anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It was op on ptr i recall it doing some 34k+ crits but that isn't the case anymore
    When you manage to stack it up to 10 this should still be possible. Yet that involves it not proccing for a long long time.