10+ Year Old Account

Mouseover macros broken? [No,solved!]

Hey there

I just logged in after todays maintenance and noticed that none of my offensive mouseover macros are working for some reason.

They all look like this
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][]AwesomeAbility
    so they should work and they did just yesterday. However, they do not currently, they are ignoring the first condition.
    My healing macros are working fine, only difference is a "help" instead of "harm".

Has something changed with the latest hotfix? Anyone else having the same problem?
    Last edited by DerSenf; 2011-07-27 at 06:05 PM.

Try to remove exists since using harm and nodead includes exists in them. And test simple macro

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm]Ability
    It should change from default "?" to skill icon only if conditions are met.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    Your macro didn't helped Mordret. Using your code gave me the default "?", while my old one at least enabled me to use the abilities when i targeted the mobs manually.

I still don't know what caused the problem, but after deleting the wtf-folders of the specific characters (and rewriting/resetting everything) it is solved.
    Thanks for the help so far, can now be closed.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, so you know, the "nodead" function presumes exists - in other words, "nodead" (and "dead") fail if the target doesn't exist.

What does this mean? You never need to use "exists" and "nodead"/"dead" in the same macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Also, so you know, the "nodead" function presumes exists - in other words, "nodead" (and "dead") fail if the target doesn't exist.

What does this mean? You never need to use "exists" and "nodead"/"dead" in the same macros.
    I though it's the other way round, that harm/help implies exists, and nodead wouldn't properly imply exists ..

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...50462#p2550462

10+ Year Old Account

Good to know, that will shorten my macros by 6 characters if i ever be in desperate need of space :P

been making some myself today, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover,harm]Ability;Ability
    just so that ther is an alternativ for when it isnt harmable and stuff, seems like the macros don't do auto self anymore or anything

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    I though it's the other way round, that harm/help implies exists, and nodead wouldn't properly imply exists ..

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...50462#p2550462
    I could be wrong, but I was fairly certain that dead/nodead imply it as well. I do know that harm/help (aka nohelp/noharm) also implies exists. I could very well be wrong - my brain is, often, rather bendy when I haven't eaten in over 24 hours. Whoops!

Lack of food has been remedied, but I honestly can't remember whether or not dead/nodead implies properly. :/

Ketho's link suggests that while nodead is SUPPOSED to imply exists, it was bugged at one point (fairly recently - the post in question being 5 months ago). It may or may not be properly implying exists now, but it has a history of NOT implying it. Good to know.

In other words (TL;DR) - it should imply it, it may imply it, but it may still be bugged and not implying it. Test it, if it breaks, assume it's still bugged. :>

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Svinder View Post
    been making some myself today, try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [@mouseover,harm]Ability;Ability
    just so that ther is an alternativ for when it isnt harmable and stuff, seems like the macros don't do auto self anymore or anything
    If you leave a blank conditional - [] - at the end of your conditionals, it'll follow all normal casting rules - including "Auto Self Cast" if such is set up in the WoW options. Example:
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][] Ability

I could be wrong, but I was fairly certain that dead/nodead imply it as well. I do know that harm/help (aka nohelp/noharm) also implies exists. I could very well be wrong - my brain is, often, rather bendy when I haven't eaten in over 24 hours. Whoops!

Lack of food has been remedied, but I honestly can't remember whether or not dead/nodead implies properly. :/

Ketho's link suggests that while nodead is SUPPOSED to imply exists, it was bugged at one point (fairly recently - the post in question being 5 months ago). It may or may not be properly implying exists now, but it has a history of NOT implying it. Good to know.

In other words (TL;DR) - it should imply it, it may imply it, but it may still be bugged and not implying it. Test it, if it breaks, assume it's still bugged. :>
    Just to be sure, I just checked it myself with these test macros

This one would give the error "You have no target", even though I had something currently targeted:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, nodead][] Greater Heal

While this one successfuly casted it on my current target:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, dead][] Greater Heal

So I guess dead indeed implies exists, but anything with no- before it, like nodead, is (still) bugged, and won't properly imply exists
    Last edited by Ketho; 2011-07-27 at 11:27 PM.

I am by no means a macro machine, simply a copy and paster, however I am running into a specific problem with the macro fel flame mouse over( which is like the other one above which has the with the at sign in front of mouseover,harm in brackets and followed by Fel Flame; Fel Flame) and I can't place the specific code as I have not posted a certain amount of times, and all mouse over macros. The Fel Flame mouseover macro specifically is bound to my mouse scroll up button so that it makes it ready for a quick totem crusher. I tried binding it to a keyboard key and I still had the same problem and I can assume that I am either doing something wrong or my WoW is bugged, because I see people in YouTube videos doing it all the time. Please assist me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbagginmastr View Post
    I am by no means a macro machine, simply a copy and paster, however I am running into a specific problem with the macro fel flame mouse over( which is like the other one above which has the with the at sign in front of mouseover,harm in brackets and followed by Fel Flame; Fel Flame) and I can't place the specific code as I have not posted a certain amount of times, and all mouse over macros. The Fel Flame mouseover macro specifically is bound to my mouse scroll up button so that it makes it ready for a quick totem crusher. I tried binding it to a keyboard key and I still had the same problem and I can assume that I am either doing something wrong or my WoW is bugged, because I see people in YouTube videos doing it all the time. Please assist me.
    Make sure it looks like this, and you set up your keybinds correctly:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Fel Flame

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator