Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    It's a nice tact but doesn't differs a lot from spreading around the center and when flames spawn clump in the center.

At least that's how we do it and the AoE is pretty clear too since you have really much time to safely run in the center.
    If you try the normal mode tactic in heroic you'll wipe in 5 seconds flat when the elementals reach you because of the stacking buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    They pop stampeding roar and completely ignore all incoming damage. It's really fucking smart.
    It's really freaking insane (from a latency standpoint)!

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Move a second before the seed pops out you don't take any initial damage from it, we stack in the centre of the room then and aoe down the adds extremely easymode.
    Easymodes are called normal modes. Try doing that in heroic though..

Quote Originally Posted by Esapekka View Post
    If you try the normal mode tactic in heroic you'll wipe in 5 seconds flat when the elementals reach you because of the stacking buff.
    yub, can't normal mode tactic them in heroic :3

Deleted
    They left them stacked due to mushrooms / felguards etc, cleaving adds down before they reached the raid.
    Also, moving before they land = no damage, orly?

its one of the easiest way to do phase 2, but it all depends on having a decent timer for the spawn.

As someone working on this fight I quickly noticed that if you zoom your camera out you can see the seeds erupt from the lava around the platform. If you move as soon as this happens they will spawn behind you. Very smart tactics by Paragon.

Oh shit, they are exploiting!!1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snekilito View Post
    Oh shit, they are exploiting!!1
    To quote totalbiscuit's video for "That Retarded Horse": ... Using your eyes! These are usually located in the front of your face! (On screen it says; Eyes now on sale on Blizzard Store. Later it says; Casuals complained eyes were unfair, these have now been patched out of the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    As someone working on this fight I quickly noticed that if you zoom your camera out you can see the seeds erupt from the lava around the platform. If you move as soon as this happens they will spawn behind you. Very smart tactics by Paragon.
    I'm surprised at how many people don't realize this; you can see the seeds coming WAAAY before they ever land, meaning you should never take damage from them before they explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Because they are using Stampeding Roar to move BEFORE the fire hits the floor? Most people wait till they take 2 ticks before moving away ;p
    Sadly this is true it would appear only myself and maybe 2 other people from my guild move before the seed lands on them and completely avoid the damage. I am not looking forward to doing this boss.

It's the first thing we noticed when we tried rag, you can move before the seeds land avoiding the initial damage.

Note that this is also possible on Majordomo Staghelm when he leaps in cat form (and therefore helps you save your concentration stacks).

I dont think it has anything with damage at all... I think the main reason they do it is to spawn all adds in the same place and burn them straight away due to high dps requirments on the mob.

open dungeon journal

you see those adds on heroic get a stacking damage buff if they are grouped

they stack

stampeding roar and run to the side and start pre-aoe'ing.

add's die before any hit anyone, cause if they do hit someone it's a one shot.

ta da

Deleted
    To use paragon tactics you need 25 ppl with good conections, good pcs and good comunication. Not for every guild!
    In casual guilds i see ppl leaving to soon so other take dmg or ppl leaving to late so they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rochedo View Post
    To use paragon tactics you need 25 ppl with good conections, good pcs and good comunication. Not for every guild!
    In casual guilds i see ppl leaving to soon so other take dmg or ppl leaving to late so they die.
    "Casual" guilds won't be killing heroic Rag this tier so its not something they'll have to worry about.

While obviously that 2nd phase is not the hardest part of that fight I was very, very much impressed by how flawlessly Paragon executed those seed movements. Its fun to watch.

Deleted
    We've done 30 tries on Ragnaros hc now and we have extreme problems with the Seeds in P2 ... we've tried the paragon tactic with stacking up and then AOE them into hell. The AOE DPS requirement is extremely high and we can't kill them in time ... but this should be doable (no idea how paragon can say that they despawn them litterally). But the Main issue we facing is the timing. BigWigs & DMB Timers are bullshit, they are not exact every time (only sometimes). And the 2nd Seed Timer is completely wrong. And for me as Healer it is VERY HARD to watch them "fire" out of the lava, start to run and continuing healing in grid. So anyone has an idea for an exact timer of the seeds?

by standing close to the boss they maximize damage on ragnaros and make p2 as short as possible they avoid hammers the aoe they do on the adds hit ragnaros as well
    and they gain aoe heals which im sure needed when seeds explode

Quote Originally Posted by Pommesfrittes View Post
    We've done 30 tries on Ragnaros hc now and we have extreme problems with the Seeds in P2 ... we've tried the paragon tactic with stacking up and then AOE them into hell. The AOE DPS requirement is extremely high and we can't kill them in time ... but this should be doable (no idea how paragon can say that they despawn them litterally). But the Main issue we facing is the timing. BigWigs & DMB Timers are bullshit, they are not exact every time (only sometimes). And the 2nd Seed Timer is completely wrong. And for me as Healer it is VERY HARD to watch them "fire" out of the lava, start to run and continuing healing in grid. So anyone has an idea for an exact timer of the seeds?
    Make your own timers. You can see from our video that we trust on our timers 100% of the time. Molten elementals were probably the thing we wiped the least on during the few hundred pulls before the actual kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diivil View Post
    Make your own timers. You can see from our video that we trust on our timers 100% of the time. Molten elementals were probably the thing we wiped the least on during the few hundred pulls before the actual kill.
    Yes, you can see this very cleary. The problem is that i can't imagine anyone in our guild is capable of writing such an timer (or atleast i'm not), we'll see.