[Balance] The perfect start

Hey guys,

I was wondering about the perfect start (it's all about DPS ;P) a moonkin can get...

Possibilities of which I've thought (no trinkets and racials included):

1. Mushrooms (E&M) -> Treants --> Starfall --> IS --> MF --> SS --> Starfire
    2. Mushrooms (E&M) -> Treants --> Starfall --> IS --> MF --> Wrath --> SS
    3. Mushrooms (E&M) -> Treants --> IS --> MF --> Wrath --> SS --> Wrath till lunareclipsed Starfall
    4. Treants --> Starfire (E&M) --> Starfall --> IS --> MF --> SS --> Starfire till solareclipsed Mushroom: Detonate

I quess it'll come to 1 or 3, but idk... what's your choice? Maybe you have another rotation, then post it and rate the others, choose the best und give expanations.

Best regards
    Cyberowl

Perfect start involves being in eclipse pre-pull, which is a really bad design by blizzard, I can literally do 2k more dps if I start in eclipse with the burst I can get from trinkets and lust on a 5 min fight. Running around finding critters before a pull is dumb... generally I try and proc lunar before pull, then mushrooms, pot before pull, IS + MF, starsurge, starfall, treants, starfire, etc. Pop shrooms when I hit solar (locks already have the magic debuff up, no need for E+M) or when I have to move.

Also, lust usually comes 4-5 secs into the fight, so you'll have lust and NG up, so I usually refresh my dots, then refresh again next eclipse before pot runs out, not sure how much of a DPS increase this is.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-07-27 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Perfect start involves being in eclipse pre-pull, which is a really bad design by blizzard, I can literally do 2k more dps if I start in eclipse with the burst I can get from trinkets and lust on a 5 min fight. Running around finding critters before a pull is dumb... generally I try and proc lunar before pull, then mushrooms, pot before pull, IS + MF, starsurge, starfall, treants, starfire, etc. Pop shrooms when I hit solar (locks already have the magic debuff up, no need for E+M) or when I have to move.

Also, lust usually comes 4-5 secs into the fight, so you'll have lust and NG up, so I usually refresh my dots, then refresh again next eclipse before pot runs out, not sure how much of a DPS increase this is.
    I know about the first part and it's really dump, nvm..but shouldn't you set Treants and Starfall before IS? You're wasting 2 GCD because neither Treants nor Starfall are scaling with NG.

Blizz should allow us to pre-set our eclipse-phase, but as you said it's a big dps boost, which will need some nerfs to compensate it

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I know about the first part and it's really dump, nvm..but shouldn't you set Treants and Starfall before IS? You're wasting 2 GCD because neither Treants nor Starfall are scaling with NG.

Blizz should allow us to pre-set our eclipse-phase, but as you said it's a big dps boost, which will need some nerfs to compensate it
    Don't think it really matters, I don't like using treants at the very start (as long as there before lust), and I like to get starsurge out ASAP incase I get a proc, could just do IS > Starsurge > Treants, then lust should be up and then reapply IS and add MF... with lust and NG you'll probably get to solar without wasting any NG anyway, hopefully if you get into solar with 2-4 secs left on potion, lust still up and 2+ secs on NG you can refresh dots straight away.

I usually pop treants and starfall before the actual pull (before pull: treants, starfall, prepot, precast SF), starsurge, dots.

I believe the treants do so little dmg anyway it doesn't matter u lose 3-4 seconds of dps time with them, since u get a free gcd out of it, i actually believe it's worth it (without theorycrafting)

edit, the early starfall is still from t11.4 bonus; i don't wanna pop it during the fight or else it might stil lbe on when eclipse procs, fucking up the set bonus.