Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question The Slender Man - real or fake?

    My friend sent me this youtube video about a mysterious 'man'. It's know as a man, very tall, long (multiple) arms, wearing a black suit. It's face is what people say 'faceless' and it steals kids (don't know the right word sorry), probably also kills them.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6PGh2fvTg the video

    I find this very disturbing and scary... Is this real or fake?

  2. #2
    What do you think? If you look up the slender man origin it started as a meme on some forum. It went beyond that and people photoshop him in various photos to make it creepy. Do you honestly think this would be real?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    My friend sent me this youtube video about a mysterious 'man'. It's know as a man, very tall, long (multiple) arms, wearing a black suit. It's face is what people say 'faceless' and it steals kids (don't know the right word sorry), probably also kills them.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6PGh2fvTg the video

    I find this very disturbing and scary... Is this real or fake?
    To say "Probably not" would be an understatement.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    What do you think? If you look up the slender man origin it started as a meme on some forum. It went beyond that and people photoshop him in various photos to make it creepy. Do you honestly think this would be real?
    Look at the video, it has actual footage of this 'man'

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    Look at the video, it has actual footage of this 'man'
    It's on the internet, it HAS to be true....are you for real man?

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Kitti Pryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Coast - US
    Posts
    569
    The "audio with no video" was too much for me. Lmao.

    It's bigfoot all over again.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    It's on the internet, it HAS to be true....are you for real man?
    I don't say it has to be true, i just think that :s, that's it on the internet doesn't mean it's fake

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    Look at the video, it has actual footage of this 'man'
    I can show you a video with actual footage of a dragon. I also have seen videos with actual footage of Jason, and immortals who only die when their head is cut off and when they die lightning shoots their power into their killer. Just because there is a video or a picture doesn't make it true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop out of topic conversation, or I'll show you my giant hammer.

    PS: The hammer is my penis.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Bern4rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    155
    The video parts are from a made up series called Marble Hornet. Look it up at youtube, I think it's at episode 46 atm!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    I don't say it has to be true, i just think that :s, that's it on the internet doesn't mean it's fake
    The recording is so fake...the pictures are obvious photoshops. The internet has nothing to do with it. The issue is people honestly believing internet memes for fun. The fact that this was set up on a forum, it's not real.

    This is a picture isn't it? So I guess this is real.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156
    The Slender Man is an internet meme, specifically a Creepy Pasta, first started by Victor Surge on Something Awful. It soon became more popular and mutated into what you see before you today. Not to be confused with The Tall Man, the other Tall Man or The Thin Man.

    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man#.TjA_EF3699Q
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...enderManMythos

    Google kills all fears.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Zantumall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromathos View Post
    The video parts are from a made up series called Marble Hornets. Look it up at youtube, I think it's at episode 46 atm!
    This. The Slender Man is indeed not real. If you're interested in scaring yourself over it anyway, the above series is quite good. There are two different accounts posting videos, so you probably want to use the suggested viewing order, here.

    Edit for irony: I forgot, that's him in my profile picture.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

  13. #13
    you just wasted 9 minutes of my life :/ should have realized from that sounds recording how much bs this was..was terrible, seems like someones planning a new blair witch style project and needs a source....
    Hi

  14. #14
    Fluffy Kitten ForsakenFrodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,229
    The music should have given you a clue. It's obviously fake. As fake as Santa, Big foot, Loch Ness, God, The Easter Bunny and so on.
    League of Legends, Video Games & General Off-Topic mod. PM me with any concerns you may have.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    Yeah, he lives next door, he's names Todd. And hes a bit on the shy side too.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  16. #16
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by forsakenfrodo View Post
    it's obviously fake. As fake as santa, big foot, loch ness, god, the easter bunny and so on.
    what?! Santa? Easter bunny? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    The music should have given you a clue. It's obviously fake. As fake as Santa, Big foot, Loch Ness, God, The Easter Bunny and so on.
    Loch Ness is real, God however, is not. ;D

  18. #18
    I shoudn't believe things so fast... thanks for saying it's fake

  19. #19
    OP: Step away from your computer; Turn it off, go outside, look up, inhale deeply, and tell yourself: "I spend too much time on the internet, I should go play in the park!"

  20. #20
    Just realised this slenderman stuff is basically the same as "The Silence" in Doctor Who.

    Weirdly enough that shit me right up, but slenderman doesnt.

    "Meh"

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 05:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Organyc View Post
    OP: Step away from your computer; Turn it off, go outside, look up, inhale deeply, and tell yourself: "I spend too much time on the internet, I should go play in the park!"
    I avoid playing in the park. People look at me weird at the age of 22 :/
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •