Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Hey Computer forum regulars.... 2.0

Guess what? I have another weather-related story to tell you all.... soon... >_>

I did a bad job I am now finding out at putting my space bar and backspace bars back on my G15 after my first time cleaning it. But yeah, some flooding involved in this story, lightning, explosions, panic mode 2.0.

Some of you may remember the tornado story, thus why this one is 2.0. Friday night to Saturday morning's top record rainstorm for Illinois EVER recorded... was rough. ^_<

Back soon with a story! I can't stand typing on this keyboard right now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Guess what? I have another weather-related story to tell you all.... soon... >_>

I did a bad job I am now finding out at putting my space bar and backspace bars back on my G15 after my first time cleaning it. But yeah, some flooding involved in this story, lightning, explosions, panic mode 2.0.

Some of you may remember the tornado story, thus why this one is 2.0. Friday night to Saturday morning's top record rainstorm for Illinois EVER recorded... was rough. ^_<

Back soon with a story! I can't stand typing on this keyboard right now.
    sounds fun - we had some record rain here in Cleveland too Delt, so I know where you're coming from!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just put this here for now if you want to take a gander. Better stuff is about halfway through I'd say perhaps. Intro does show a Doppler radar of what was sitting over my area for a good 8 hours or so... >_<

But yeah.... first time in the 22 years we've lived in the house that it flooded at all in the basement. -.-

And then our modem got fried as well, most likely from the strobe-light style lightning we were having as seen in the video.
    "A flower.

You should send some of that rain down here to Texas. We need it. (maybe it will end this 100+ degree streak we're on >_>)
    (also, that doppler radar is nothing, wait till you start seeing purple/black. THEN it's time to go "oh crap." )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    You should send some of that rain down here to Texas. We need it. (maybe it will end this 100+ degree streak we're on >_>)
    (also, that doppler radar is nothing, wait till you start seeing purple/black. THEN it's time to go "oh crap." )
    Pfffff whaaaaaaaaaaaat?
    Purple and black? I see what you're trying to do you, you little conniving... (!!!) :P
    "A flower.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man with a thunderstorm like that you should have been running around unplugging everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to 10:48 in that video and just watch....

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Man with a thunderstorm like that you should have been running around unplugging everything.
    All of our power cables and such are underground, we never even lost power. :P Even with the explosion I heard nearby... yes, explosion. x_x Not lightning crack, real snap and pop explosion. Think it was a transformer down the street, but the moment that happened, internet went out and sump pump alarm started going off signaling the battery was kicking in.
    "A flower.

That was a storm? I'd go outside in something like that. Flooding depends where you are though. In Vegas we always lived uphill so the flooding never really affected us too much. I had something worse last night, didn't last a long time though.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I'm from right by O'hare so dead center of that big red dick of a storm ( it looks like a dick on the doppler)

Ended up turning off my computer immediately after I finished a bg I was in cause I knew it was only a matter of time before the power went out. We didn't lose power or get flooded which is suprising since I'm also next to the desplaines river. Though the streets were flooded for a while O'hare didn't open the flood gates so we didn't get sewage backup into our basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    That was a storm? I'd go outside in something like that. Flooding depends where you are though. In Vegas we always lived uphill so the flooding never really affected us too much. I had something worse last night, didn't last a long time though.
    \

Video can never truly capture the power of a storm. ;p The only thing that could have really strengthened this storm... but also made it last a shorter time would have been some wind/tornado. We actually live on a hill and like I said, we've never had a flood in our basement before, and it wasn't too bad at that, it was basically a drain in a fire escape window was clogged and ended up filling up and the water pushed through the window. 3 am running around the basement with my mom frantically pulling cables out of the water before the water got to any parts that would actually cause issues, stereo, computer, ahhh so much fun. x_x Also managed to have a friend come over later that day and we disassembled and moved my drumset out too. =/

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    I'm from right by O'hare so dead center of that big red dick of a storm ( it looks like a dick on the doppler)

Ended up turning off my computer immediately after I finished a bg I was in cause I knew it was only a matter of time before the power went out. We didn't lose power or get flooded which is suprising since I'm also next to the desplaines river. Though the streets were flooded for a while O'hare didn't open the flood gates so we didn't get sewage backup into our basement.
    Oh damn dude! That's not too far from me! I'm up in Buffalo Grove, damn, the Des Plaines river is truly always a problem, isn't it? :P Saw it all over the news how even a full fledged semi (large truck for non-Americans, like 18 wheeler) got stuck in the water. O_o

Surprised you didn't get flooded much less lose power! That was quite a storm to behold.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    We had a thunderstorm in Halifax in September 2007 that was seriously twice as violent lightning-wise than this.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Yeah, the one we had last night, even with the windows closed the thunder was stupidly loud. My cat is normally "ok" during thunderstorms, but this time she was hiding under my desk, and looked as round as a ball.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, the one we had last night, even with the windows closed the thunder was stupidly loud. My cat is normally "ok" during thunderstorms, but this time she was hiding under my desk, and looked as round as a ball.
    pictures!? >
    "A flower.

Pictures... what? I rarely use the camera, not for something like that anyhow. And the few times I try to get a picture of her being stupid or whatnot, she moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pictures... what? I rarely use the camera, not for something like that anyhow. And the few times I try to get a picture of her being stupid or whatnot, she moves.
    Pffffff. You suck. >_<
    Probably would have been adorable!

Maybe I'm just too much of a camera junkie myself.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a buddy in from the Chicago area that weekend. I think he was pretty happy he didn't have to go through that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The flooding was insane from what I saw on the news. >_<
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'll just put this here for now if you want to take a gander. Better stuff is about halfway through I'd say perhaps. Intro does show a Doppler radar of what was sitting over my area for a good 8 hours or so... >_<

But yeah.... first time in the 22 years we've lived in the house that it flooded at all in the basement. -.-

And then our modem got fried as well, most likely from the strobe-light style lightning we were having as seen in the video.
    funny how this video is SO Black but when theres thunder .. we suddenly see EVERYTHING

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 12:28 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    oh boy a tornado watch for the next 3 hours or so! Jeeeeeeeez, this week sure is the week of severe weather in the midwest. O_o
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Deltrus! F**K you! I just got done bailing about 3 feet of water from my back deck, about 4 feet outside of the sealed wall. Scrambled two computes and a tv upstairs in less than 10 minutes.
    (I'm kidding, by the way, for anyone who thinks I'm serious. About the f**k you, not the water. The water is real.)