I've got a few questions for people who like to read books (fantasy mainly). I like to write, and recently I've been trying to write something bigger; a full-scale book. I want to get a few opinions about some aspects that I'm unsure about. I have my own answers to these questions, but I want some other views.
1) How important is character description to you? Do you like being told how fat/tall/pretty everyone is? General, short descriptions or in depth?
2) How important is description overall to you? Do you like being told what color the room is; what objects are in the room; what the landscape looks like; the shape of the building? How much description is enough?
3) What's your opinion on vulgarity and sex in books? (I have my own strong opinion on this but I'll keep it to myself)
4) How do you feel about an author who kills off highly developed main characters? Do you enjoy the "all main characters always make it through alive" story or not?
5) Your thoughts on strong female main characters? Does it fit the fantasy, "middle-age"-esque genre?
Edit: Thanks for the answers guys, appreciate it I made a post a few posts down this page (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post13601409) if anyone wants to "answer" the last question.