Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    These are forums discussing WoW that aren't supported by Blizzard, how is my post unlike anything else in here? Nobody cares... Just enjoy the thought or move along.
    I care. And your post is not different than the 10000 other posts saying the same thing. Eventually, this too will get a lock because it's a pointless topic except to elicit the following response.
    I don't mind the current AV, I just enjoyed the epic battles of old. It's not for everyone, nor was my post suggesting that. And just because a blue may not speak up, doesn't mean they don't check here out of interest. That's like saying the President doesn't watch the news. If ya'll don't like a forum post, just ignore it. I miss old AV, I posted about it. The End.
    You seem to be under the impression that this is Facebook or Google+ or some other place that welcomes the stilted inane prattling of everyone and their mother. It's not. It's a forum with a host of rules including making sure topics are constructive. This topic isn't. It is, in fact, a duplicate topic of any of a number of other topics that say the exact same thing.

And if you want to reach Blizzard, they have a forum. This isn't it. This isn't a good way to maybe reach them. It's a bad way, actually.

BUT
    If you're a fan of the AV that had depth and a match that might just span 24 hours, please enjoy speaking up. Maybe somebody will take notice.
    The only way you'll get that is to build a time machine and go back in time.

Because even if they returned AV to the broken state it was in before 1.11 and removed reinforcements, you can't make people forget how to play the game and you can't bring back the old gear issues.

Last things first, one of the reasons that AV took so long before was that no one had any gear. Walking into an AV in full PvP epics made me a snowflake because there were still people below 60 and with white items. White, statless, items. The old AV was 51-60. So if you had an unusually large number of sub 60s, it was going to take a while. Not to mention the fact that itemization of the original game's quests were INCREDIBLY terrible. You had guys running around with under 2k HP trying to be a significant force. I've seen level 19 twinks with more health than some of the people I used to see in AV.

We're beyond that point now, though. Everyone has gear, and everyone has gear that's got decent stats for their class and classes that get a decent benefit from the gear.

Finally, first things last- People know what's up. People are better at playing the game than they used to be. There's more information, and people aren't as clueless about any part of the game as they used to be. Blizzard has actually cited numerous times in the past that players are getting better at playing the game, and it makes it challenging to keep up with the overall increase in player capability.

I, for one, do not miss people yelling, 'WHERE KORRAK' in a non-ironic way.

Not every game of AV in the old system was some epic measured in days and not hours. Using the precursor to Preform AV Enabler (raid chat and Vent), we were able to put together premades that ran 5-15 minute AVs back before AQ.

TL;DR: The game hasn't changed as much as the people playing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most of what Stanton is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Finally, first things last- People know what's up. People are better at playing the game than they used to be. There's more information, and people aren't as clueless about any part of the game as they used to be. Blizzard has actually cited numerous times in the past that players are getting better at playing the game, and it makes it challenging to keep up with the overall increase in player capability.

I, for one, do not miss people yelling, 'WHERE KORRAK' in a non-ironic way.

Not every game of AV in the old system was some epic measured in days and not hours. Using the precursor to Preform AV Enabler (raid chat and Vent), we were able to put together premades that ran 5-15 minute AVs back before AQ.

TL;DR: The game hasn't changed as much as the people playing it.
    Along the lines of what I would have said here and have said in the past.

Also, we've had this thread before.

I would pay extra to be able to do oldschool AV, hours of mindless pvp was fun. I am thrilled when a game now turns into a turtle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not just queue for AV again and again if you want "hours of mindless pvp fun"?

It just sounds like you want a death-match style BG if you happy when games turn into a long, drawn out and painful resource win.

AV used to be so epic. Remember when...
    You completed turn ins for big summon / wolf riders / flying riders / flag guard upgrades.
    You would use the teleport trinket to get back to your base when people tried to ninja cap.
    There was elite guards near towers + bunkers (Murp destroyed everyone).
    Advanced would stall at bottleknecks at stonehearth + stormpick gys + bridge (would have loved typhoon for that)
    There was no reinforement counter so the match would last hours.
    You where fighting people from your server that you would know. (pre-cross realm. My nemesis: Dhagmar on drak'thul)

15+ Year Old Account
    Rose-tinted glasses.

I caught myself thinking how awesome Wrath of the Lich King was the other day. Just. What.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Why not just queue for AV again and again if you want "hours of mindless pvp fun"?
    Because the current AV isn't a PvP zone. It's a speed run through snowy terrain with a mini boss at the end.

Personally, I'd like to see an AV redesign that leaves it somewhere in the middle between old and new. Perhaps make it where you need to capture graveyards in a specific order, building up to the final one before the boss.

AV was meant to be a tug-of-war type battle. Right now there's no tug, and very little war.
    Last edited by Accaris; 2011-07-28 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Rose-tinted glasses.

I caught myself thinking how awesome Wrath of the Lich King was the other day. Just. What.
    Perhaps. But even now when AV grinds to a halt and we're slowly fighting for each foot of ground I think is great and what AV should be about. The other BGs are there for the quick wins and honor grinding, give us our AV.

When the usual match ends with the highest hks at ~20, Lieutenant Murp kills a kitten in rage. Is that what you want?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blues are somewhere that a way.. on wow forums which breaks tos too if you used this title

sorry but i for me personelly i dont miss 12hrs av battles....
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    No. Never. Old school Alterac Valley was the second biggest mistake in World of Warcraft history (Paladins are the first).
    Actually blizzard has said arena is there biggest mistake

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    sorry but i for me personelly i dont miss 12hrs av battles....
    exactly. it's not for everyone, thats why it would be removed from the random queue

How about they bring it back in the old school style of having that gigantic map actually meaningful but truncate the duration of it ?

I want more meaningful mechanics, I don't really want the gigantic play time. No creativity in WoW anywhere anymore, it's just about recycling the same stuff, so having a unique-styled BG back that actually worked again would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked for lack of new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE