Need Help with Protection Warrior Stats

Hey guys

First off here is my Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Alvor/advanced

So to start things off, Ive been recently wanting to join a guild that is just starting Firelands and needs a tank, My gear, Still needs a couple upgrades from t11 which im planning on trying to get this week, But ive been following Top Prot warriors stat wise, my Stats are as follows:

Armor
    Dodge
    15.52%
    Parry
    15.51%
    Block
    45.61%
    Hit
    0.94%
    Expertise

So Ive been following the sense that you want Parry / Dodge and virtually no Hit / Expertise , But my dilemma is... Before I was running 5% hit and around 16 Expertise, My threat was really good, even In raids, But now since following everyone's advice and virtually no Hit / Expertise My threat has literally gone and hit rock bottom, I'm doing the exact same rotation and all that, but even with Tricks / Misdirect I can barely keep threat off of anything, I'm absolutely stunned that all these people are telling me to do this when out of all my personal testing, It seems like i had 30 people on my server, EJ, Noxxis, and a couple top pve prots trolling me to the extreme...

So PLEASE someone clear this up for me, I expect to get half and half again but this isnt helping me trying to get started, I just need the clear Answer

Thanks

Deleted
    Concerning your stats, your avoidance stats are too even. Unlike paladins, warriors have the Htl talent which makes parry a more attractive talent for us. In general, the optimal ratio between parry and dodge is about 20-30%. There is a graph and a thread about it though, on these very forums, which lets you get the exact figure but it will be fore-mentioned figures and deviating from it by a little is not that bad.

About threat, check the F.A.Q thread we've been building, specifically the Offensive Q&A section. It should give you a direction on how to improve your threat. I can personally confirm the advice you are being given and I run with a lot less expertise and hit than you, without suffering any issues with threat.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warrior-F.A.Q.

some of your gear needs to be reforged into mastery, switch your meta to the eternal shadowspirit diamond, and the 3 sockets on your belt and boots you can switch to pure mastery (you dont need the bonus on the belt). this will give you better survivability on melee boss attacks

as for threat, you can move the 2 points from Cruelty into Deep Wounds, and if it's AoE you should move 2 points from Incite into Blood and Thunder.... Make sure you keep Shield Slam and Revenge on CD (as well as Shield Block except for spell damage heavy fights where you might need to save it for specific abilities) and also make sure you use Inner Rage when you have sufficient rage (best used in conjunction with Berserker Rage) to spam Heroic Strike (or Cleave) for a big threat boost

for your major glyphs, you don't really need the ones you have (Shield Wall is debatable but can be removed if desired), and personally I would suggest Cleaving (for AoE threat), Heroic Throw (ranged sunder for mid-charge boss pulls), and Sunder Armor (again for AoE threat)

in the end, if you are still lacking in threat, expertise should be better for threat than hit (up to 26) so if you REALLY need more threat (you really shouldn't though), EXP is the way to go, and then hit
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

If your threat is poor pick up more threat stats hit/exp once you get things back in line or gear up more you can start dumping hit/exp again. Dont blindly follow the model set down by other ppl use the squishy thing between your ears and come up with works for you. Use the advice of better or more experienced players as a guideline not a never bending set in stone fact.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

So I have 2 things to input:
    1) Make sure you are focusing on getting a good opening rotation for threat. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that your threat is ok after vengeance stacks up reasonably about 30-45 seconds into the fight.
    A good opening rotation or priority should be something like this (some of this is preference):

Single Boss:
    commanding shout pre-pull for rage
    Heroic Throw + charge to start the fight (if possible / advantageous)
    Then a priority:
    Shield Slam (shield block increases this damage and threat)
    Devastate (if less than 3 sunders)
    Revenge
    Rend / Thunderclap to keep up rend (try not to let rend fall off)
    Shockwave
    Concussion Blow
    Devastate (after 3 sunders)

Heroic Strike when you are > ~60 rage but not otherwise.

Multiple Mobs:
    Commanding Shout Pre-pull for rage
    Heroic Leap to start (if the situation fits and its not on cooldown)
    Rend
    Thunderclap (to spread rend)
    Then a priority:
    Keep Rend up with Thunderclap
    Shockwave
    Thunderclap With time left on rend
    Cleave
    Shield Slam
    Devastate

Obviously if you can put vigilance on another tank or the most likely to be hit, so you can spam taunt things that get away from you.

You should not need much Expertise / hit, however this also requires that your DPS are not stupid for the first 30-45 seconds. If you find that you need more threat, go after some expertise, but you shouldn't need it too much.

Blood Craze is not a very useful talent in my opinion, Blood and thunder is a much more useful talent. Some other people above have listed spec and glyph changes so I wont focus on them.

2) The problem I see with your stats is that you are lacking in mastery (Block %) compared to your other stats. See what you can do to regem / reforge into mastery as much as you can. Beyond taking advantage of socket bonuses (which you should be doing) you should go into mastery as much as possible.

Other than that, you should try to get get a little more parry than dodge 1-2%. Its not an easy calculation, but Hold the Line makes parry better than dodge, but you don't want to commit fully to parry as diminishing returns punish you.

There is a good spreadsheet which allows you to figure out how you should balance your dodge / parry by reforging. Since I created an account to comment on this I cannot link it >.> but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Ill edit this post with a link if i remember, after a few posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Concerning your stats, your avoidance stats are too even. Unlike paladins, warriors have the Htl talent which makes parry a more attractive talent for us. In general, the optimal ratio between parry and dodge is about 20-30%. There is a graph and a thread about it though, on these very forums, which lets you get the exact figure but it will be fore-mentioned figures and deviating from it by a little is not that bad.

About threat, check the F.A.Q thread we've been building, specifically the Offensive Q&A section. It should give you a direction on how to improve your threat. I can personally confirm the advice you are being given and I run with a lot less expertise and hit than you, without suffering any issues with threat.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warrior-F.A.Q.
    @Ravger94, I'd certainly suggest you read the relevant entries in the threat Dannyl has linked. Many Protection Warriors generate more than sufficient threat with minimized amounts of offensive stats. It's all about mashing them buttons proper.

One last thing to add. You can always pop recklessness to start a pull. It doesn't require any stance anymore, but you do take 20% increased damage. Just be sure your healers know you are doing it. Generally the start of fights isn't very stressful for healers and its a huge threat increase when you need it most. I would not recommend using it any other time unless you don't happen to be tanking anything for a long period of time during the fight.