15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Super. (Spoilers)

I rarely make threads.. But I'm slightly confused about what to think of this movie.

For anyone who hasn't heard of it it's about a regular slightly off guy who's drug addict wife leaves him for a drug dealer. He then creates a Superhero that fights crime to fight evil and ultimately try and get his wife back. Along the way a Comic Book store clerk befriends him and joins him in his fight against crime.

It's darker than Kickass. That's a good way to start this.. Alot of things happen in this movie that makes me question what's going on is really worth it or has a point.

Spoiler part

I was really enjoying this even though It was getting really strange and confusing..but in a dark indy comedy kind of way. Then in the final scenes Ellen Pages character gets killed.. Would be fine, we've been given an emotional attachment to her and it serves to push Rain Wilsons character into the final standoff.. But really..Half her face? To me that took away the sadness and brought about more disgust.. Especially with less realistic violence happening all around them. A simple bullet wound wouldn't have worked?

That and I can't say I enjoyed the ending.. The only one who walks away happy is the drug addict wife who left Rain Wilson in the first place.. Frank( the character) Gets a friggin rabbit.

Soo.. the first 3/4 of the movie I liked and the ending is now going to send me to bed sad and confused as to whether I should like this movie or not.

How can you go from being in Inception to being in this piece of crap.

Deleted
    I don't get it. Is it like a "Scary movie" version of "Kickass" or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    A tragic ending with often make the movie more memorable. You're already emotional invested in the movie, and when everything doesn't work out for the protagonist, it often shocks and disgusts us, often we will continue to think about the movie, wondering "What if?", thus making a sequel all the more easier to sell tickets for.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaroz View Post
    I don't get it. Is it like a "Scary movie" version of "Kickass" or what?
    I'm off to bed but quickly.. It's like Kick ass if Kick ass ended with most of the good guys dead and Kick-asses dopey friends getting the happy ending. That's the best I can describe it. Oh and half of hit girls face is gone.. In a close up that goes on for way too long. Now I have to try and not have nightmares. later.

Eh its as good as Kick-Ass IMO. A bit more realistic too. No fucking jetpacks or RPGs. The acting is solidly done by the entire cast. yeah it sort of stops being a comedy aroun the halfway point but i don't mind the change, the character starts to take his whole hero bit more seriously and so should the movie if we're expected to understand him. I'd recomened it to anyone who enjoyed kick-ass and for what it was i'd give it a B
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

15+ Year Old Account
    I still feel like at the very least it was cut down, leaving some plot wholes and contributing to what (for me) was a supremely unsatisfying ending.. I mean.. the cops subplot was ended and never mentioned again even though he was killed in Franks house and in the end Frank is back in his home..It's like they entirely forgot about it.

I think I would have preferred an ending in which maybe he turns himself in (how could he get away with all of that "wrenching"he did?) And narrates what happens after he's done with his jail time.. coming home to alot of support from his community and all that.

And I mean.. seriously he decides to get his rabbit after all that because now he feels he can take care of it? It kind of neglects the guilt he would probably feel after libby gets her face blown off.

It's strange because I enjoyed the movie.. I thought Rain wilson and ellen page were awesome but I can't get over how it ended. Giving the only happy ending to the person who essentially caused all of this chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was laughing so much, he reminded me so much of Dwight Schrute in parts and i couldn't help but lol.

Spoiler : Especially with the Wrench and he just runs up to them and smacks them on the head. The first time he used the wrench on the drug dealer then did a weird face and threw the little firework made me lol so much.

Overall it's one of the best films i've watched in a while, mainly because one of my face actors played the main guy, without him i might not have liked it so much.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2011-07-27 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda liked the ending. I mean, the whole point of all the pictures on the wall was to illustrate that He now has a better appreciation for life. He said at the beginning that he had two perfect moments in his life so he drew those two pictures. He now has hundreds of pictures showing he has hundreds of perfect moments, many of them were really minor things like holding a door open for someone. Because of all the crap and grief he went through, he is able to not take life for granted anymore.

As for the cop, I think that was only there to build a little tension. They never would link the cop's death to him cause no one knew the cop was ever there. The one little thing I didn't like was I thought he should have ended up with the pet store girl. Otherwise, she really had no reason.

Deleted

[Movie] Super (Crimson Bolt)

Has anybody seen this movie? Well, i just did and i feel disturbed and emotional in some way, words cannot describe this weird feeling. Anyway feel free to share your thoughts on this movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a tool but, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%28Spoilers%29

Usually I wouldn't bother but (at the time of this post) it's on the same page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Not to be a tool but, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%28Spoilers%29

Usually I wouldn't bother but (at the time of this post) it's on the same page.
    Ping me in IRC man. I'm not doing much.

Merged.

I've seen the movies as well and to be honest it's a rollercoaster both of good and memorable moments as well as some bad ones.

I really couldn't connect with the cast. Every character was 1 dimensional and had little to no growth and it all seemed so weird. At first it was more like watching a comedy but then the movie shifted direction and went into the dark realism corner and explosions of gore. I honestly wasn't expecting that and it really left me "wtf". The ending was brilliant. It shifted the entire perspective of the movie. <<<SPOILER>>> Because Frank managed to save his wife she managed to integrate herself in society, live a normal life, help others and have 4 kids that would fulfill not only her life but his as well. <<<END SPOILER>>>

It was a disturbing movie with lots of comedy in it that wanted to have it's own message and stand out. It's very similar to Kick-Ass but it takes the viewer into some "dark places".

I liked the bittersweet ending. I thought the movie was good. Better than Kick-Ass IMO.