Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for a game like .....

Hello all!

i am looking for some games like Final fantasy tactics / disgaea for either xbox 360 / ps3 (although my blu ray drive is shafted :/ but i presume i can still use and play from the Psn store) / DSi / Wii.

i have been looking around but its always nice to hear what others recommend on this type of stuff.

Also recommendations for JRPG's are welcome aswell!

Thanks in advance

Exo

I'm sure you are aware of FFTA and FFTA2 right?

If so, then I got nothing. /sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Onimusha Tactics being pretty good if you can get it on those .

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post

They're both horrible, so ...
    A suggestion though could be Ogre Battle, not quite the same game but a lot of class/group building.

Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    They're both horrible, so ...
    A suggestion though could be Ogre Battle, not quite the same game but a lot of class/group building.
    Well I disagree with you. I enjoyed them both immensely as much as I did Disgaea and FFT. He asked for games LIKE FFT/Disgaea and I suggested games I liked that were LIKE those games.

So, that's like your opinion man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Record of Agarest War and Agarest War Zero on 360/PS3 are both tactic style rpgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes

I got it in some Steam sale but never actually played it.

edit: derp you said for consoles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

I really really wanted to play this game but I hate the fact its Steam/download only. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Record of Agarest War and Agarest War Zero on 360/PS3 are both tactic style rpgs.
    Thanks ill take a look into those ones and get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

I was tempted by this one other than the fact people were saying it was rather buggy :/ although i guess i should have bought it in the sale and just played it >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I remember Onimusha Tactics being pretty good if you can get it on those .
    Thanks ill see if i can find it on ebay think its for the gamecube.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post

Thanks i was aware of these games i played part of FFTA and not sure why i didnt continue actually so ill relook it up.

Still open to suggestions

Thanks again

Exo

Shining Force and Shining Force 2.

My first SRPGs...

And if you want normal RPGs try out Phantasy Star 2 and Phantasy Star 4. DO NOT play Phantasy Star 3.

All of these are on the Sega Genesis. Though I think a Phantasy Star collection was made for the Game Boy Advance...

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't the fire emblem games like ff tactics? if so, look into them, a lot of them are on gba and then theres the ones on gc and wii.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a mech game with a similar style (grid based strategy) that came out for the PS2 called Front Mission 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    aren't the fire emblem games like ff tactics? if so, look into them, a lot of them are on gba and then theres the ones on gc and wii.
    From what I remember. Had FE:Radiant Dawn for the Wii, was quite similar to FF tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    From what I remember. Had FE:Radiant Dawn for the Wii, was quite similar to FF tactics.
    I think the GBA games were far more enjoyable than any of the GCN/Wii counterparts, so I'd have to give a strong recommendation for the Fire Emblem series 1-8. 6, 7, and 8 were my personal favorites. Best part is you can play all of them on an emulator to try them out. Advance Wars 1-2 are from the same creator and quite similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    There was a mech game with a similar style (grid based strategy) that came out for the PS2 called Front Mission 4.
    I liked Front Mission 3 on the PS1 better.

I wasn't even aware the game had a branching storyline until a friend of mine started talking about it and was describing a completely different group of characters than the ones I had. And to think the first and probably largest branching point was based on whether you go to the fucking mall after your training mission...

Deleted
    i remember a game a friend of mine had for xbox that looked like FF alot, i think it was called like eternal sonata or somethin

Might not be exactly what you're looking for; but have you tried Wakfu online? It's pretty cool

http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg

Square Enix is helping develop it, so it might be something you're interested in.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Shining Force and Shining Force 2.

My first SRPGs...

And if you want normal RPGs try out Phantasy Star 2 and Phantasy Star 4. DO NOT play Phantasy Star 3.

All of these are on the Sega Genesis. Though I think a Phantasy Star collection was made for the Game Boy Advance...
    I think I love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodiea View Post

Thanks ill see if i can find it on ebay think its for the gamecube.

Exo
    Its actually for Game Boy Advance. I was actually at a store earlier tonight that had a copy of it for dirt cheap.

If you are like me and got hooked playing FFT, then you will hate the advance games. If you haven't already, pick up the psp remake of FFT has some new shit. For xbla I remember Band of Bugs was pretty good. The look might throw you off, but the gameplay is what you want. It is a little on the casual side though. Quite honestly there hasn't been a game that has trumped FFT in my eyes. I've tried the Ogre tactics stuff even got the psp one and sadly everything feels generic. The great thing about FFT was how classes felt different and had unique abilities. Tactics Ogre on psp introduced some great gameplay features like the timeline/newgame + but other than that I don't know if you would like it. I'm almost at the end of a chaos playthrough and I am bored of the ranged superiority. Disgaea is fun, but it has too much potential grind if you like collecting stuff. I've always felt like they emphasize on quantity rather than quality.

I have heard good things about Luminous arc, but it's on the DS.

For PC Might and Magic Heroes V is awesome..... 6 is coming out soon I think.
    Here is some gameplay of V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7oxNBahCXs
    Last edited by Wizzlecrank; 2011-07-30 at 08:36 AM.