Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos View Post
    There is a guy who clicks his tongue and does echolocation. Was on one episode of Stan Lees Superhumans.
    So there's 1 guy with an uncanny talent, lets assume all blind people are Daredevil and see everything in sonar (things get really clear when it rains!).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    We actually had this discussion in my psychology class one time only it was with all the 5 senses. I personally chose loosing sight, you can live without sight but loosing all the other senese makes a lot more harder.
    you have waaaaaaaay more than 5 senses...

also i chose deaf

Now that I come to think about it...
    What are blind people actually doing? How do they spend their time? I imagine they have it quite boring. Being blind for me would at least be, seen as I spend a lot of time in front of my PC, either just browsing (Cracked.com is like crack for me) or playing a game. If I went blind I don't think I'd cope with having that removed from my life. I'm sure it wouldn't be many books available for them to read. They'd most likely need much help with their housework, and what sort of jobs can they get? Really, I'm clueless
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all I just want to say that I'm deaf and use hearing aid and cochlear implant.

I just want to point out few glaring under informed people on this thread. Deaf people can do anything a normal person can except hear. I can drive and use stick as well base on feeling. Also because you're deaf it doesn't mean you can't talk or lipread. Sure we would fall behind in term of information gathering in group setting if people talk. Its a good chance that your social circle would be very different since you would be much closer to those who you may communicate with easier.

Lastly those disability are only a disability if you allow it to be imposed upon yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos View Post

Actually, he's right. There is a guy who clicks his tongue and does echolocation. Was on one episode of Stan Lees Superhumans.
    Didn't that kid die of cancer?

OT: Deaf.

Deaf, I could still communicate with others and enjoy the world's beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather be blind, much easier to communicate when you're blind. And I met some blind guy on holiday and he didn't seem to have any problems with it
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.