Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Discipline, what should i change or maybe i'm ok ?

logs from firelands :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cnnfpq41cvqnpkzy/details/33/

armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hipchen/simple

i
    feel a that my healing is a little low, can you say what should i change maybe healing style or some gear parts ?

Deleted
    Your healing looks fine as far as I can tell in the logs your using pretty much every spell you could use, as for your spec I would say drop Surge of Light for anything else the proc rate is horrid the most I seen in the logs was 7 procs on Baleroc sure enough 7 free flash heals is very nice but 2% flat haste over all could be better.

In terms of your gear since you have already reforged most of your mastery out I can only say try get more haste / crit items since you are atonement spec mastery does little for you it's effect on DA is negligible point for point vs haste or crit.

I have a question about the Baleroc fight in your logs you used a lot of flash heals, we have only tried him a few times but is there a mana regen thing I'm missing that allows you to cast so many flash heals?

Deleted
    to the op.
    i dont like the smite version of discs at all but thats just a personal thing
    but jar is a horrible trinket for a disc priest at all.
    get the tsunami darkmooncard if you can if you cant get it go and grab the healing trinket of chogall. INT is your best friend as disc
    i wont judge your spec since i never played smiter but i would drop surge of light for 2/3 darkness (seeing the fact you need haste as smiter) or 2/2 veiled shadows for some extra mana reg if needed

and to coolnitro

you cast flashheal if your in duty of healing the ppl at the shard to gain more stacks of vital of spark
    more fast casts -> more stacks of the buff
    Last edited by mmocc4efc40c5e; 2011-07-28 at 08:54 AM.

if you smite a lot, and it seems you do, i would suggest using the glyph of smite instead of the glyph of mass dispel.

from what i see you smite really a lot, but i dont see you using greater heal, like ever. why not? even on baleroc, you seem to heal with flash and penance only.

as for raid healing you seem to be doing about fine, the tank healing based on flash heal and atonement seems a bit odd for me.

if you really want to change something or see different aspects of healing as disc, i would suggest respecting out of atonement*, picking strength of soul and maybe veiled shadows instead, dropping surge of light and picking darkness (matter of my personal choice i guess), and removing flash heal** from your bindings completely, replacing it with greater heal. try play like that for a week or two and see if you see any change.

*i dont say that there is anything wrong with atonement spec, i have it myself (i run two discipline builds). i only say that some people tend to rely too much on it, spamming smites instead of picking more suitable spells (your alysrazor fight, top heal is atonement, over 40% overhealing from it, it might not be optimal). best way to learn not to use atonement over better suited (for the very moment) tools is to not have it for some time.
    **just temporary to force you to use some greater heal, and with exception of baleroc sparks hunting maybe, not on tank

Deleted
    Alysrazor has this phase when he lies down and doesn't deal any dmg (like magmaw while spiked) AND you regain mana from damaging him.

Other than that, attonement overhealing usually means no one is taking heavy dmg, hence you can use your weaker heal to build evangelism stacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your maxmana is kinda low, so is your spirit. Interesting. (well, counting Jar, your spirit is okay...)
    HPS numbers look fine except for Baleroc. I don't see what are you doing with flash heal spam on Baleroc. If you want to stack sparks fast, use penance, it stacks with each tick.
    Surge of Light is definitely bad, drop it.
    Why are you skipping gheal?
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-07-28 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hipchen, going to guess you are having mana issues, and see that you are using Jar, any Int trinket would be better.

How to solve your mana issues:

Macro Inner Focus to your Prayer of Heal. The mana gain and added crit chance will increase your throughput. (On all boss kills IF was only used six times)
    You can also add this macro into you healing frame add-on.

#show Prayer of Healing
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast [target=target] Prayer of Healing
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Pick up a timer for Rapture, Ingela's Rapture is very simple to use and can play a sound for "Rapture Ready".
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...asrapture.aspx

Once you have the rapture timer, use PW:S each time Rapture is ready, you will double, if not triple you regen from rapture.

From log PW:S count: Beth'tilac = 16 PW:S, Lord Rhyolith = 9 PW:S, Shannox =13

Your SoL proc is very low: Beth'tilac = 2 SoL proc, Lord Ryholith = 3 SoL proc.
    Since you favor PoH more than single target healing spells you may think about dropping SoL for two points in Soul Warding.

Add Glyph of Smite like mentioned above.

Making these simple changes will give you the added Int and mana needed to increase your heals and help your raid. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Alysrazor has this phase when he lies down and doesn't deal any dmg (like magmaw while spiked) AND you regain mana from damaging him.

Other than that, attonement overhealing usually means no one is taking heavy dmg, hence you can use your weaker heal to build evangelism stacks.
    smiting when noone takes dmg either to add some raid dps or to build stacks surely isnt an explanation of atonement being top heal and for the priest to be lowest on healing done on the fight.

Deleted
    True. I admitedly didn't read the logs and kind of just assumed...

Deleted
    Using smite doesn't mean you're relying on it.

Smite + PW:S + Penance with greater (or even flash) heal as needed is a viable way to tank heal.
    Again, people are assuming attonement is the only heal you use just because you speced for it...

Also, the playstiles for disc varies wildly, so i wouldn't recomment stacking mastery if you don't have a similar playstyle to the guy above.
    Effective healing isn't following a rotation. You use whatever heal is the best tool to solve whatever situation you might be in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post
    Well, I gave him my playstyle, and explained why Mastery's the way to go if he cares to play like me.
    What works for you may not work for OP. OP loves PoH and is very conservative with PW:S. Recommending more Haste to boost both Smite healing and PoH would FAR out weigh Mastery for Hipchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's clearly not getting the results he wants. I'm not forcing him to play like me, but if he's looking to improve, he's more than welcome to try my playstyle and see how he does. If he had to come to the forums and make a post about how he plays, I'm going to guess he's open to options.

Get off my back just because you don't like Mastery The OP might find he loves it.

Seems you may have not looked at the same WoL reports that I did.

The report he linked shows PW:S only doing 7.8% of his healing, sure his mastery helped his DA on PoH spam, but Haste would have given him more throughput.

No need to get your feathers ruffled, the math has proven that Haste is better for PoH spam than Mastery.

Take another look at his stat balance, until he increases the use of PW:S do you really think more Mastery is the answer? (no)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Your maxmana is kinda low, so is your spirit. Interesting. (well, counting Jar, your spirit is okay...)
    HPS numbers look fine except for Baleroc. I don't see what are you doing with flash heal spam on Baleroc. If you want to stack sparks fast, use penance, it stacks with each tick.
    Surge of Light is definitely bad, drop it.
    Why are you skipping gheal?
    penance has a cd dude. so you wanna use the time between to spam flashheal to gain stacks.
    just think about whats better spamming a 1,x sec cast or a 2,x sec cast to gain more stacks?
    Last edited by mmocc4efc40c5e; 2011-07-29 at 08:07 AM.

the bubbles from PoH are anything BUT negligible, and Mastery just makes them even better. I also cast my fair share of PW:S. Mastery has always been my favorite stat, and the other raid healers have a hard time keeping up with me.
    I'm no Priest (I'm more of a raid leader that looks at all classes and their mechanics) so someone might need to confirm these statements I'm about to make, but I'm 90% sure that Mastery in fact scales badly with DA - and Haste is actually more beneficial to DA than Mastery. With more haste, the quicker your PoH casts will be, and thus you would actually cast more PoH's per minute (for example) and gain more DA procs. You would essentially reach your DA cap much faster than a Mastery heavy Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    I'm no Priest (I'm more of a raid leader that looks at all classes and their mechanics) so someone might need to confirm these statements I'm about to make, but I'm 90% sure that Mastery in fact scales badly with DA - and Haste is actually more beneficial to DA than Mastery. With more haste, the quicker your PoH casts will be, and thus you would actually cast more PoH's per minute (for example) and gain more DA procs. You would essentially reach your DA cap much faster than a Mastery heavy Priest.
    depends some ppl prefer haste and some prefer mastery

im using mastery myself and im feeling more comfortable with my mana
    i feel like my mana is draining away when i used haste

Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    depends some ppl prefer haste and some prefer mastery

im using mastery myself and im feeling more comfortable with my mana
    i feel like my mana is draining away when i used haste
    I totally agree about the general atmosphere when Haste vs Mastery is concerned (basically, go for what you prefer) - however when it comes to DA, from what I've heard, Haste actually benefits it more than Mastery does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    I totally agree about the general atmosphere when Haste vs Mastery is concerned (basically, go for what you prefer) - however when it comes to DA, from what I've heard, Haste actually benefits it more than Mastery does.
    i think youre confusing da from poh with general da

Deleted
    [21:04:26.736] Hipchen gains 9252 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:05:04.778] Hipchen gains 8573 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:05:31.960] Hipchen gains 8574 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:05:56.805] Hipchen gains 8573 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:06:34.567] Hipchen gains 8573 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:07:17.387] Hipchen gains 8573 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:07:47.163] Hipchen gains 9252 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:07:59.360] Hipchen gains 8573 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:08:22.031] Hipchen gains 8573 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:09:04.440] Hipchen gains 8573 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:09:30.662] Hipchen gains 9252 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [21:10:05.107] Hipchen gains 9252 mana from Hipchen's Rapture

From the shannox fight, your getting rapture about every 30 seconds instead about every 15 seconds. Using those shields not only adds to your healing but also returns mana to you for yet more healing.

From the Baleroc fight
    [22:53:22.257] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:53:55.726] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:54:57.635] Hipchen gains 9130 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:55:28.592] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:55:57.357] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:57:03.946] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:57:15.935] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:57:35.156] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:57:51.380] Hipchen gains 9130 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:58:03.993] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture
    [22:58:22.335] Hipchen gains 8452 mana from Hipchen's Rapture

Basicaly similar pattern, Discoballing is about the shields learn to love them... Learn to use them, in both fights you lost about 1/2 of your rapture for ~ 120.000 mana regain which yes partially is spend on the Shields that cause your rapture, basicaly though if glyphed its a direct heal + a good 25-30k absorb for "I get 4-5 k mana to boot".

Search a bit to configure Power aura or use the "Bla bla's rapture" tracker addon from curse (forget the name).