Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Every class can throttle if needed. Nothing special to see here.
    The keywords are 'the way arcane does'.

Other casters have one breakoff, 0 mana. You need to throttle so that you never hit zero mana (except maybe at the end of a fight).

Arcane mages have a sliding scale direct from 100%, you have to manage all the time.

A boomkin might only care once their mana gets to around 20%, same for shamans, priests, warlocks. As soon as an arcane mage has cast one spell and gone below 100%, the management begins.

Just another person not understanding the difference between average and good in arcane mage playstyles. Nothing special to see here.

Deleted
    Instantly..

Deleted
    Snixs, you really don't seem to understand, arcane is better. by quite a long way.

If you think Arcane is a 2 button spec, than you don't fully understand it and aren't as good at it as you think. It's a very thought-provoking, conscious process with lots of decision making. Yes, your main nuke is Arcane Blast spam, but most classes have one ability they use more than others. In arcane, you have to consciously calculate how much time you have to get out all of your burn phase's damage, positioning of the fight, preventing your 4-stack from falling off from situational factors in the fight, when you're going to stop burning and start conserving in anticipation for your next burn phase, how to wisely use your procs (as damage proc or mana regeneration procs), etc. Also, arcane's aoe rotation requires some concentration, where the slightest mess up will have your numbers plummeting. Also, during the conserve phase, you're attempting to do as much dps as possible while still keeping your mana in range of your next mana gem to bring you to full, hopefully coinciding with another round of intellect procs for your next burn phase. You're also using your mage ward and even mana shield sometimes to give you an Incanter's Absorption spellpower proc that also coincides with your next burn phase.

Anyway, play whatever spec you have the most fun playing. I find arcane's controlled burst playstyle incredibly rewarding, and I know that it's much more complicated than most people think, so they can keep being jelly of my numbers and bashing the spec all they want.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    The keywords are 'the way arcane does'.

Other casters have one breakoff, 0 mana. You need to throttle so that you never hit zero mana (except maybe at the end of a fight).

Arcane mages have a sliding scale direct from 100%, you have to manage all the time.

A boomkin might only care once their mana gets to around 20%, same for shamans, priests, warlocks. As soon as an arcane mage has cast one spell and gone below 100%, the management begins.

Just another person not understanding the difference between average and good in arcane mage playstyles. Nothing special to see here.

^^^^^ very nice Rugz. Good to read another post from someone who ACTUALLY KNOWS about arcane mages, putting the jealous, ignorant onlookers in their place.

Whenever i tried Arcane, i pull less dps than Fire, because i'm much much more comfortable while raiding Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I think the proper point has been made in this post, closing due to class-bashing and player-bashing.