Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    2 pages and nobody said a thing about the 30 melee swings the lock did.... Even if it was a 1 hander, that's a lot of time spent meleeing and not casting. And i doubt getting in melee ranged to cast 4 Shadowflames will net you 30 melee swings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    2 pages and nobody said a thing about the 30 melee swings the lock did.... Even if it was a 1 hander, that's a lot of time spent meleeing and not casting. And i doubt getting in melee ranged to cast 4 Shadowflames will net you 30 melee swings.
    Moving in and out of crystals
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Moving in and out of crystals
    Why in the world aren't you casting when moving in and out of crystals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rutiene View Post
    Why in the world aren't you casting when moving in and out of crystals.
    because you can't cast while moving?

Instant casts don't interrupt the melee timer (i believe) so the fact he has melee damage is good not bad

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm pretty sure they do due to the casting animation. I've never noticed melee swings on my logs in any case, and I stand in melee for shadowflame if I can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rutiene View Post
    I'm pretty sure they do due to the casting animation. I've never noticed melee swings on my logs in any case, and I stand in melee for shadowflame if I can.
    but just standing in melee is different from moving in melee

It is very possible, if instants don't reset the swing timer, that those melee swings are between fel flames while moving during the GCD. Especially if they are using a 1h with 1.5s speed

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    Are you trolling? Only thing I agree with is the fact that desto is the weakest of lock specs. It sounds like you still think demo currently works like it did 4 months ago.
    Lol. I mainspec Demo. What is so hard about Demo? Aligning cooldowns...or...um....hardcasting felguards...which is completely unnecessary or...

Destro IS the weakest. It also has the most difficult rotation. Fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    Are you trolling? Only thing I agree with is the fact that desto is the weakest of lock specs. It sounds like you still think demo currently works like it did 4 months ago.
    You took the words right outa my mouth...get outa my head bro..jeez

---------- Post added 2011-07-30 at 06:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bmillz1341 View Post
    Lol. I mainspec Demo. What is so hard about Demo? Aligning cooldowns...or...um....hardcasting felguards...which is completely unnecessary or...

Destro IS the weakest. It also has the most difficult rotation. Fact.
    I love how this guy turns his opinions into facts I wish I could do that...wait let me try.arcane mages are the hardest spec in the game.....O damn that didn't work
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-07-30 at 06:22 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse

I'm still waiting for anyone to explain how Demo is harder in any aspect than Destro. I lol'd hard when i saw that person say that destro was the EASIEST spec... I already outlined why destro is harder. I'd like to see any argument why it is the easiest spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    but just standing in melee is different from moving in melee

It is very possible, if instants don't reset the swing timer, that those melee swings are between fel flames while moving during the GCD. Especially if they are using a 1h with 1.5s speed
    How is just standing melee different from moving in melee if I'm still casting instants? Sorry bro, you don't melee during your GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for anyone to explain how Demo is harder in any aspect than Destro. I lol'd hard when i saw that person say that destro was the EASIEST spec... I already outlined why destro is harder. I'd like to see any argument why it is the easiest spec.
    So you want to fight opinions with opinions .cool
    Also you're are obviously extremely biased and I doubt anyone would want to put in the time or effort to debat spec difficulty with you since your mind is clearly made up rofl.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    So you want to fight opinions with opinions .cool
    Also you're are obviously extremely biased and I doubt anyone would want to put in the time or effort to debat spec difficulty with you since your mind is clearly made up rofl.
    So basically I outline exactly why Destro is more difficult and instead of refuting any of it, or giving any reason as to why the other specs are more difficult you just say, "your mind is made up."

That sounds an awful lot like "You win. You were correct and I have no evidence to the contrary."

im guessing doesnt have imps firebolt macroed to every spell either.
    What do you mean?

Isnt IMP firebolts always firing?

Quote Originally Posted by EuBloodSolder View Post
    What do you mean?

Isnt IMP firebolts always firing?
    If you don't macro it, then latency will effect it, causing its 'actual' cast time to far longer than the one its supposed to be. It's like if you don't queue your spells.

Destro's priority list (rotation) is the most clear cut of the bunch. It's not difficult it's just clunky cause of ISF.

The rotation for all 3 specs are clear cut and easy. i.e. "use common sense."

Destro has to refresh an extra DoT over the other specs. It has another spell it has to use on cooldown every few seconds. And it has a buff that it has to keep up every 15 seconds, often by hardcasting a 3 second long spell. You have to watch about 2x as many things as the other specs. Allowing the buff to fall off or allowing Immolate to fall off are both bad and can easily happen if you aren't very careful especially on fights where you need to move a lot. I suppose if it is played very very poorly it will still do more dps than the other specs if they are played poorly, but I'm not sure if that is a good excuse to use it, considering that even played perfectly its still a little behind the other specs. It does have some utility with Shadowfury and Nether ward, which is nice I guess, but gimmicky.

Demo has to use meta properly, but that isn't difficult especially if you are running power auras or something else that can easily track cooldowns on trinkets and procs.

Affliction is lolz easy single target. On several targets it gets a little hairier. Still by far the easiest spec.

Whats the macro?

How do I set it up? So Blizzard left it like this on purpose? How is anyone to know that your imp is slacking lol.

I pushed CTRL +1 on my imp right now as im typing this and he is attacking instantly..
    Last edited by EuBloodSolder; 2011-07-30 at 08:27 PM.

Affliction is lolz easy single target. On several targets it gets a little hairier. Still by far the easiest spec.
    I find Affliction the most difficult because to maximize your utility to your raid (outside of a Patchwerk style fight), as it requires you to:

a) Know how much DPS is going to be on the mobs OR monitor how much DPS is currently on which mobs.
    b) Use this knowledge to know which DoTs should be on which mobs.
    c) All whist keeping up 3x SE and full DoTs on one main target which you have determined previously to last the longest.

This really comes into play in Heroic Beth'tilac P1 and Ragnaros transitions.

I just looked into the whole spell queing thing.

Im already spamming the keys always in advance. for example i push a spell key like 888888 555555 3333 99999 to cast right away

---------- Post added 2011-07-30 at 03:46 PM ----------

The imp is def queing up. he's atking almost like instant cast and seems to be ingoring global cooldown. when i spam it with left click it seems it takes longer for him to cast

I'm prepared to get flamed for this.... Just another proof of the "chick factor.". Most women are terrible at the game. Definitely not all but most I have seen are not good at all.

Let the flaming of me begin but that is just my opinion.