[Addon] Help me finish my UI!

Hey guys, here's a screenshot of my UI:

What I'd like to do - I'm happy with my UI right now, however I feel like it's missing panels of some sort to really seal the deal on the bottom portion of the UI. If anyone knows of a easy to use panel addon or something that will give a nice clean finish to the bottom I'd love to see what you have to offer! =D

I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to advanced UI's - I've usually just stuck with the basic Ui or a few addons for cosmetics so any tips would be of great help!

Also, if you know of any other cosmetic mods worth mentioning, please do - it would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-28 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Take kgpanels. I actually added it to my addons just yesterday. Here is my UI before and after kgpanels (I know it is not pixel perfect, I'm still working with it :P )

I used only blizzard default textures (those that come with addon). Youtube tutorial shows how to add your own texture, so skip that part if you are lazy (like me).
    Simply:
    1. Create layout
    2. Create active panel
    3. Select panel and border style
    4. Fit to screen
    5. Repeat 2 - 4 until your UI is ready

Curse link: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...kg-panels.aspx
    Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8sGfa5Sd8
    MMO champ guide (more for borders than backgrounds): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-with-kgPanels
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2011-07-28 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also going to throw in my vote for KgPanels. Fantastic addon for this sort of thing, completely customizable for whatever you want to do.

This UI has a great deal of potential and I really like it but I know exactly what you mean and what you need. First kgpanels is the answer to your panels. I've been using them for years and even can help with the advanced stuff if needed. Heres an example of kgpanels with my UI:

DPS mode:
    http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw52069.jpg

I've parented the panels to other addons like my omen and recount. The omen meter is on the left of recount but no bars are showing on it at the time of the screen shot. I've also added some scripting which is the most advanced thing about kgpanels so that when you press a button, you unlock 2 extra action bars on the side's of the main action bar. These are all things kgpanels can do and much more. Its my most favourite addon.

This is my main UI but its for healers:
    http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw51704.jpg

Slightly out of date screen shot but it doesn't matter.

Hopefully this gives you ideas on what you can do with kgpanels.

Also I want to say that if your looking to make your UI look better then you should use Button Facade if your using bartender or dominos. Not sure if it works with other action bar modes but it makes the button icons look so much cleaner. On my screen shots I use it and I use Button Facade Darion, you need the original button facade to run the plugin. Highly recommended!

Wow! Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated!

I'll defiantly check out kgpanels, I'm just a little intimidated of the scripting and what not.

TukUI is the def the way to go ...
    You can find screenshots of what the UI looks like here: tukui.org/screenshots.php
    And that's the DL Link: tukui.org/download.php
    (Btw, sorry I can't link the whole thing, not enough posts to link anything)
    Hope I was of any help

/Len

Quote Originally Posted by Zmgclt View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated!

I'll defiantly check out kgpanels, I'm just a little intimidated of the scripting and what not.
    Don't worry about scripting, thats the most advanced thing with kgpanels and as a beginner don't bother but I was just letting you know everything about kgpanels. Probably should of left it out its not needed

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, there's many people around who can help you out with kgPanels scripting, if/when you get to that point.

If you go TukUI, I cannot put my word out more for ElvUI. Right now, I've used ElvUI for a while, and it has everything. Elv is actually working on a 3.0 of it and will give it so much customability, that it will literally be no different then using a ton of addons. Everything will be movable, and have a matching skin. Everything will be individually resizable too.

If you don't go for TukUI, then my vote is for KGpanels. I used it without ever a single problem. You don't need to learn to script as you can make a simple macro that will help you identify everything you need. However, I would have to throw in a vote for ealign to help with KGpanels as it will help you line everything up to the pixel point.

If you want to parent a panel with another addon such as Recount for example then thats easy. Select the panel in the kgpanels config window under Active Panels and scroll down to the very bottom. There will be Parent Frame and Anchor Frame. To find out what you need to type in there to get it worked, type "/fstack" (without the "") and then it will open up a window on your screen telling you what the name of what ever your mouse overing is. Mouse over the recount window and the one called Recount_MainWindow is what you need. Type that into the Parent Frame and Anchor Frame box and press ok on each. Then you may need to reload the UI. Then go back on the kgpanels config window and go on your panel again and move it around, make it bigger and what ever colours or art work you want to put into it then your done. Aslo remember to lock it

This will make it so when you close Recount, the background panel will close with it!

Deleted
    InfernoXV8: For some reason I couldn't make that work. Whole panel disappeared. I needed to reset parent+anchor and reload ui to make panel visible again.

Pff... stupid pixels. No panels for target/focus then. My gaming seems to contain only dailies, raids and loads of pixel counting while idling on sw. This is what I have now. Any improvements for this? (I had buttonfacade but I could not find nice skin, so it is now disabled.)