Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need some help choosing a new graphics card =)

Hello, in raids i have to play with the lowest graphics in every way, i find that really annoying and i can't increase the graphics/resolution cus i'll just lagg and it'll fck up my performance. So now i'm asking any of you computer experts to help me choose a good Graphics card that can handle max resolution
    (1920x1080) max view distance, particle density atleast "Fair" and that's all i need and i want it to be cheap and available in sweden.

I'm not very good with the different names on my computer components but i'll try as good as possible:

I have a AMD Athlon (tm) II X2 215 Processor 2.70GHz
    4GB RAM Memory
    Windows 7 Home Premium 689GB
    i have some graphic card named ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics

i really don't know what to link so please tell if i'm missing somethings or if one of these things just isn't needed to be here ;D

With the lowest graphics i'm playing with 10fps in raids and i wanna change my graphic card so i can run with particle density, max resolution and well that's pretty much wats needed and still have around 30 fps with no big laggs in boss fights and i just want to change my graphic cards that is available in sweden and doesn't cost too much =)

Deleted
    Any idéa on how much upgrading a CPU would cost?

Deleted
    You should buy a new computer imo. But go to http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/ and search some, or you make a new threat. Im swedish myself and that site is a good one

Deleted
    well i don't really got that much money to spend.

Deleted
    Okej, but do you work? student? unemployed?

Deleted
    i'm a student =)

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your budget? Would you be able to save up ~3165 kr?

Deleted
    not atm no, atm i got about ~1500 kr.

Deleted
    So that's about...what? 150 Euros?

At that price range, a Radeon HD 6870 is your best choice.
    Make sure to update your drivers after installing it though.

However, don't expect miracles as your whole system is rather out of date. And PS, upgrading the GPU will definitely help more than upgrading the CPU.

Deleted
    Someone above said that upgrading the CPU was better and you say that upgrading GPU was better so i wanna know how you know that =)

And do you know any good website where you can get one nice and easy?

and yeh it's 150 euros
    Last edited by mmocba87914f71; 2011-07-29 at 12:04 AM.

In this case, even though your CPU is.. not good, your GPU is far worse, even for WoW.
    You should go for HD 6850 or HD 6870, those should be in your price range.
    That will allow you to raise resolution and view distance, but do not raise shadow quality, that takes a lot from a CPU.

Can you list your power supply's brand and wattage?
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Meh you should save some money and buy :

Core i3 2100
    Any H61 Motherboard
    2x2gb DDR3 memory kit (unless your ram is already ddr3)
    And a GTS450

You will run WoW at High @ 60FPS with this rig!

Dun know whats a KR lol but you can buy all this for about 300-350$ US
    (Edit just used a money converter and 300$USD = 2000KR Swedish money right?, So its really close to ur budget)

You just need a 350-400W Power supply with one 6Pin connector

Deleted
    i don't know my power supply's brand and wattage and tbh i dunno how to check ;D

Deleted
    His GPU is integrated, at least get a dedicated card and then worry about the CPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is a prebuilt store computer, just link the model#, if not you will most likely need to take the side of the case off and look at the power supply directly.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Deleted
    Emm im not sure if i can use this thread to solve my problem, oh well i will give it a shot. Im bulding my first high end gaming pc and i just can't decide which graphic card should i pick. I was thinking about buying gtx590 or HD6990 but i find it really hard to choose between these two graphic cards. I would be very thankful if u could give me some advice that will help me to make my decision. P.S : Please take into consideration that I am not native English speaker, so i might have made some gramma mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    So that's about...what? 150 Euros?

At that price range, a Radeon HD 6870 is your best choice.
    Make sure to update your drivers after installing it though.

However, don't expect miracles as your whole system is rather out of date. And PS, upgrading the GPU will definitely help more than upgrading the CPU.
    Radeon 6870 would be just pointless overkill for his CPU though. :|

my GTX 460 SE handles wow on ultra while still holding 80+ fps (v-sync disabled)

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
    Emm im not sure if i can use this thread to solve my problem, oh well i will give it a shot. Im bulding my first high end gaming pc and i just can't decide which graphic card should i pick. I was thinking about buying gtx590 or HD6990 but i find it really hard to choose between these two graphic cards. I would be very thankful if u could give me some advice that will help me to make my decision. P.S : Please take into consideration that I am not native English speaker, so i might have made some gramma mistakes.
    Both are complete overkill for you probably, but I would go with gtx590. Only personal preference since I've had better luck with Nvidia cards lately, don't know how those 2 beast cards do performance wise against each other.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetuss View Post
    my GTX 460 SE handles wow on ultra while still holding 80+ fps (v-sync disabled)
    On 1900x1080 resolution, shadows at ultra too, and maxed multisampling? In crowded cities / 25man raid?

Deleted
    I've got the gt220 1gb T_T....runs wow at 40-100 fps with my 3gb of ram and e3400 dual core cpu.... :P

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 10:20 AM ----------

I've got the gt220 1gb T_T....runs wow at 40-100 fps with my 3gb of ram and e3400 dual core cpu.... :P

The GPU i have only costs like £50 ..