modding my computer

about a month ago i built my first desktop and my case is a CM HAF 912. now i want to add a window and some lights too it? i looked at some tutorials and it didn't look too difficult to accomplish. i spent the last few hours designing a window that will work with the plexi glass i found laying around and will look well with the case i have(side of case has ridgies and isnt 2D). has anyone attempted to do a project like this here? and if so was it hard or easy? any tips or advice? if i go throu with it ill make sure to post pics

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i have done this but i purchased a DIY window kit from a local computer store around the turn of the century
    it turned out alright unfortunately i can't post a picture as i sold this machine off ages ago.
    unless you can find a kit with the rubber molding don't even bother as you would need some expensive equipment to cut a perfect hole for use with the bolt on windows

well i got the hole cut out and just going to buy some rubber trim pieces to make it look case. my next question is has anyone here painted their case, inside or out? im thinking about painting the interior of my case black insted of the unfinished metal. what type of paint would u recomend cause im thinking about going with metal spray on paint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Wallz View Post
    well i got the hole cut out and just going to buy some rubber trim pieces to make it look case. my next question is has anyone here painted their case, inside or out? im thinking about painting the interior of my case black insted of the unfinished metal. what type of paint would u recomend cause im thinking about going with metal spray on paint.
    I recommend checking http://www.overclock.net/ for more modding related discussion. We don't have a very specified community for that here.