Deleted

MS issues in raids/dungeons.

Hello. So, recently, while my MS is completely fine when soloing, once I enter dungeon (only sometimes) or raid combat (only sometimes, although more often) my MS jumps to about 1k. Bam. Usually I'm sitting at 50 MS.

It started happening when I got my new computer and started downloading WoW (while playing) - however, it still continues to happen although my launcher says it's downloading ''green'' data (i.e playable), and even when I close my launcher and tell it specefically not to download in the background.

Any advise?
    Thx.
    EDIT: NIC is a ''RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller''

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 11:59 PM ----------

By the way, I'm running with a corded (LAN) ''powerline adapter''. Ran fine on my old PC - and on this one as well, except for the occasional dungeon/raid boss/trashpack for some reason. Halp. ._.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2011-07-29 at 01:28 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Read the sticky at the top of this forum then repost.

Deleted
    Already read. Already using Leatrix Latency Fix (does the same thing IIRC).
    Also, I found a link to said ''corded powerline adapter'': http://panasonic.net/pcc/products/pl...0kt/index.html (probably doesn't matter anyway).
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2011-07-29 at 12:20 AM.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the "post your specs" part of the sticky.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Oh, my bad. This was the only relavant part I could find;
    • NIC (Network Interface Card) (brand, model, whether PCI or on-board)
    ... and honestly, I have no idea how to find this out. >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Oh, my bad. This was the only relavant part I could find;
    ... and honestly, I have no idea how to find this out. >_>
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+you+find...t+nic+you+have

Deleted
    Did you even check those search results? The only one that looked any helpful was for vista/xp only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Did you even check those search results? The only one that looked any helpful was for vista/xp only.
    close to everything that you can config/do in Vista you can config/do in Windows 7, it's exactly the same principle in this case to find out what make your NIC is.
    just go to control panel > device manager and find your card

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    close to everything that you can config/do in Vista you can config/do in Windows 7, it's exactly the same principle in this case to find out what make your NIC is.
    just go to control panel > device manager and find your card
    Ugh.. this is where I regret not taking the English version of Windows 7 instead of the Danish one. Is ''device manager'' where it lists my mouse/keyboard/monitor/HDD/printers? Well, it doesn't list a ''NIC'' there or anything like that there, at least.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 01:19 AM ----------

Oh I win! Found it! It's apparently a ''RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller'', whatever that means.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 01:40 AM ----------

Anyone? :<
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2011-07-29 at 01:15 AM.