Doomguard Question

I was wondering what most demo locks do while raiding. Do you use your doomguard at the start? Or save him for execute phase?

pop him when you have the most spellpower, which is usually at the start with prepot and all proccs together.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is a fight that actually has a burn phase of importance(not Majordomo, Baleroc, or Shannox) I save it. Otherwise I pop it at the beginning when I can have every single cooldown perfectly aligned. I can't guarantee that will happen later in the fight.

As a demon warlock I like to pop him early so i have him with moonwell+meta+DMC:V for crazy numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to pop it early for maximum effect, but for quite a few fights it's needed more importantly later.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In an ideal situation, I'll wait for Power Torrent and DMC to both proc (usually pretty early in a fight) and then go Moonwell>Potion>Meta>Doomguard.

Pop him before lust is popped, if you need it for certain phases. Otherwise, pop at start with all your buffs.

Shannox - start
    Beth - probably as soon as we enter the burn phase but it'll depend on procs/cooldowns, might be later
    Rhyolith - burn phase
    Alysrazor - burn phase
    Baleroc - start
    Domo - start
    Rag - final phase (this will probably be meteor phase for heroic, but we're not there yet and I don't know)

For Rhyolith, you can pop it at the start and have it come back up during start of your 'burn to p2' phase and your actual p2.

Same with Alysrazor, you can pop it at the start for initial application of dots on Alys as she flies overhead. But you should be Affliction for this anyways because Drain Soul through meteors (and following her while draining soul while she's <10% and flying) is freaking OP.

In all cases, keep track of your procs and only do it when procs pop. I've had times where this did not happen until 10-15s into the pull.

Misread this as for metamorphosis.
    Last edited by rutiene; 2011-07-30 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rutiene View Post
    For Rhyolith, you can pop it at the start and have it come back up during start of your 'burn to p2' phase and your actual p2.
    Rhyolith should take no-where NEAR 10mins....

Your Rhyolith kills take 10+ minutes? The actual fuck?

Wow, I totally misread this as Metamorphosis not Doomguard. (Actually I was just seeing a big thing with wings and started thinking about Meta form instead of Doomguard...) Edited.

For Shannox, Baleroc, Majordomo, Rag - When all buffs are up at the start. We don't have an issue with meteor phase so dps isn't an issue there.
    For Beth, Rhyolith, Alysrazor - Burn phase, preferably when I'm able to line up procs with on use trinkets and else. However, for Rhyolith, sometimes I will pop Infernal instead of Doomguard when I'm solo'ing Fragments and the tank has stacked it on top of a bunch of Obsidians which are being kited/slowed. This is usually right before burn phase.
    Last edited by rutiene; 2011-07-30 at 02:59 AM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamekiller View Post
    Rhyolith should take no-where NEAR 10mins....
    nice theme going there.