Tipping Enchanters

So I usually just buy the vellum enchants on AH. However I always gotta find enchanters to DE my various greens I get from dailies and other stuffs. How much do you guys generally tip per green DE'd or just an estimation of what you think would be a fair tip for say 10 greens or whatnot. I'm afraid of tipping to much and making little profit, or tipping not enough and coming off as a jerk. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    2.5g per green, 5 for a blue and in the off chance your going to DE a BoE epic - 10g

I would say 5g per item is about right. I mean I've de'd like 20 things before and gotten a 3g tip. It does take a couple moments of their time and honestly gold is not very hard to come by these days anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I would say 5g per item is about right. I mean I've de'd like 20 things before and gotten a 3g tip. It does take a couple moments of their time and honestly gold is not very hard to come by these days anyways.
    But don't you think 5g per item is losing money in the long run if you only need a few DEd? I mean if u DE 5 items and give them 25g, and all 5 items give a couple dust.. you probably just lost money considering dust is around 2g each.

Then level enchanting yourself or vendor the greens... or AH them.

I tip more than what is called for usually most of time. Idc though. I just hoard enchanting mats mostly after I get them from DE'ed items lmao.
    Ex: I got 7 stacks of dust/12-15 essences and a few heavenly shards and tipped like 300g so whatever
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    But don't you think 5g per item is losing money in the long run if you only need a few DEd? I mean if u DE 5 items and give them 25g, and all 5 items give a couple dust.. you probably just lost money considering dust is around 2g each.
    Are you kidding me? Dust is a lot more expensive than that on my server. I'd probably come out even (if I weren't an enchanter) if I only got 1 dust per item and tipped 5g per green.

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Then level enchanting yourself or vendor the greens... or AH them.
    Thank you for the constructive post that really helped with my answer. We need more people like you on these forums.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Are you kidding me? Dust is a lot more expensive than that on my server. I'd probably come out even (if I weren't an enchanter) if I only got 1 dust per item and tipped 5g per green.
    Ha on my server they are under 2g average!

Ha on my server they are under 2g average!
    Well, most things that give dust when DE'd give 1-4 dust so I would try tipping for half the maximum you would get (so 2 dust).

For D/E, I don't really expect a tip because it's just pressing a button, but I guess something like 1g per would be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally tip 25-50g for any service. If I have someone DEing like 100 items I pay more, but I tip for quick things between 25-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    It's 2g on my server too. Just variable market, that's all.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Enchanting an item is more than pressing a button? o:

I am so anti-social, I can do all my own enchants on my alt
    You also check if you got all the mats and select it from the list.
    It's double the amount of clicks! Madness!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are still people without any enchanters as alts?

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Enchanting an item is more than pressing a button? o:
    I'd suggest reading the OP and then reading my post before replying to it.

I even said "D/E", not "enchanting".
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    I tip 20g for DEs or getting something enchanted.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

You seem to be forgetting about the guild perk that gives you a high chance to get extra mats I never de and get only 1-2 dust usually at least 4 dust. Honestly tho if 5g is to much for you to pay at lvl 85 something is very wrong and you should just lvl an alt and raise enchanting.

10+ Year Old Account
    What server is this? I want to trasfer over, buy nothing but dust for a few days and come back to my current server. Took a two month break (orginally was going to quit) so I sold all my enchanting mats for pennies on what it was worth, I come back and the price has literaly gone up 300% Dust from 50g to 150g a stack, essences from 20-30 to 70+, and shards are crazy since everybody runs za/zg now, shards are more expensive than the crystals are...

2-5g per item sounds quite fair to me (enchanter on one server and tipping a guildmate on another server)

Deleted
    I think 5g per item sounds fair, although I'm an enchanter on my main, and I've never been asked to DE stuff, not even by guildies, because it seems like everyone has an enchanter. If you don't think that 5g is enough to make it worth it for you; then sell the greens on the AH, or level enchanting (It'll cost a lot more than you're losing by tipping though... )

Enchanting can be a gamble, yes if you pay 5g to De and get 1-2 dust, you've not really made much profit. What if you get a greater celestial essence? You've just made a LOT more than you spent, them's the breaks.

Furthermore, I guess it depends about bountiful bags and whether that tip includes you getting any extra procs, if you get the extra procs... it's going to be well worth 5g per item.