Poll: Will you play video games when you're old?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    I don't see why not. My Dad is 60 and he still plays games. Granted he sucks at the majority of them, but nonetheless he still plays :s
    Haha thats how my Dad is but he thinks hes good in like street fighter when he just button smashes.
    But I hope I do I hope i still play video games.

Deleted
    Yes i will.

Lets just hope the games of the future dont suck and all the current consoles and pcs can be kept alive for 40 years for some nostalgia gaming

Unless something else comes along that merits the same entertainment value as gaming, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightedByDeath View Post
    Ive been gaming since 1985 and plan to game till the day I die!
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'll probably game until arthritis prevents me from doing so. =)
    I'm getting to that stage at 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'm already old compared to most of you all. And yes i'll game you to your grave...
    /standingovationslowclap
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

The way the gaming industry is looking now, I highly doubt it. To be completely honest, if Blizzard flops on Diablo 3 I do not see myself playing any video games after that. Who knows though, the next major MMO could easily suck me in.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of my granddads has absolutely nothing to do during the day. I've suggested getting a computer but he just says nah too old for that. He just watches his horse racing on TV. I sure as hell would be bored to death if I didn't have something like a computer to entertain me during my glory days when I'm retired.

Probably not, responsibilities will drive me away from video games and i expect that to happen pretty soon, not that i want to stop playing video games but life is 1st.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be 60 in 2 weeks and I still play video games. WOW and music are great time killers at night and TV has almost lost me entirely.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ponth View Post
    Hell yes. My grandfather was always curious and interested, up to the last few years when he started disapperaring due to alzheimers. His eyes would light up when I showed him this tiny piece of electronic wonder that would do awe-inspiring things, and I hope to keep that fire. I'll probably be grounded in what I know, which is mmos', platform games and good music, but I'll never discard new trends on the basis of them being new. I'll take in the good and leave the bad. Just like facebook and twitter don't work for me now, there'll be similar things I'll avoid, but there'll also be things I'll embrace. I hope.
    Thats a very decent thing to do for your grandfather. kudos to you )
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-07-29 at 04:20 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    We're not suggesting old people don't play because it's hard, where did you get that from?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    At 80, my grandfather still plays Diablo and Diablo 2 at least 3 or 4 times a week, between reading and watching tv. I've tried to show him WoW, and while he's not interested in playing himself (he knows it's a bit too much for him), he still enjoy talking to me about the different games out there. He's even anxiously awaiting the release of Diablo 3... The man is an inspiration!
    Buz - 85 Worgen Mage - Durotan - US
    Shruikan - 85 Draenei Death Knight - Durotan - US
    Airemis - 85 Night Elf Druid - Whisperwind - US
    Kelesa - 85 Night Elf Priest - Durotan - US

I will game until I'm too old, feeble, and insane to do so. Even if I have extreme arthritis and bad eyesight I can still play slower paced games like turn based RPGs if my mind is still working properly.

With my health the way it is, I'll be lucky if I see 60. Will I be a gamer until my ultimate demise? Most likely.

Deleted
    Most likely, I'll still be playing. I just hope I don't end senile and playing Pong or something retarded.

When I turn 60, I'll probably still have my NES, SNES, Genesis, GameBoy, Master System, Atari 2600, N64, and all those other good systems.

It'll be awesome kick some young kid's asses on SSB, GoldenEye 64, Battletoads, Mortal Kombat, Mario Kart...yeah, you get the idea =3
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

if I make it to 60, yes.

I'm only 21, I don't know what the hell I'll be doing in 40 years, but I assume I'd be doing some kind of electronic gaming related entertainment(if I even live that long! haha). I just hope I don't suck at games like some of the 40year old people I know that play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two possibilities

1) I will be playing the awesome games of 2053 everyday everyweek 24/7
    or
    2) No game will entertain me anymore
    Last edited by Snakez; 2011-07-29 at 08:36 AM. Reason: +1 year

Another question: Why the hell do old people suck at games most of the time? It seems the best gamers are in their 20s and it just goes downhill 40+ not saying that everyone is like that but most. I can't believe it's due to eyesight or something else.