Thread: Belaroc

Belaroc

How have you been getting stacks? My job has been basically to heal the tank during non decimation phases(I heal inferno) and when decimation comes out I heal torment.

I've found that about half way through I'm low on mana and my heals are low. What are you guys using to stack? I use penance on CD on the character stacking torment and when it is on CD I go crazy with flash heal but I lose a lot of mana this way.

Any tips?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    does renew count as a direct heal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

We normally rotate healers regardless of phases, on 25 man normal we did it in 3 sets. So it looked like this.

Crystals, set 1 heals crystals, 2/3 heal tanks
    2nd crystals, set 2 heals crystals, 1/3 tanks,
    3rd, set 3 heals crystals, 1/2 tanks
    4th, set 1 heals, 2/3 tanks,
    etc.

It is pretty much so rng doesnt kill the healers on some point, say you get inferno blade many times in a row. It is also more simple because the healer switches are static, rather than having to change depending on rng.

Also, renew cannot create sparks or activate vital flame, but it does benefit if casted after vital flame triggers, this is true for all hots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I set up a debuff frame with power auras that tells me which buff all 3 healers have, duration remaining, and number of stacks. So I have a bos with 'druff - zakaluka - wubwub' and the icon loud and clear next to each name with a countdown for each and a stack count.

With this it lets me pull off our healing strategy.

Basically at most times, 1 healer on tank 2 healers spamming dps for stacks. I start out on tank, druf and wub healing crystals. This allows our first soaker for each crystal to go very high in stacks (~15 is comfortable even on people with no special cooldowns)

When first special ability happens, both druff and wub switch onto tank, I switch onto dps.
    When first special ability ends, i switch wub off onto dps.

(special treatment for first special because it's always the most difficult one to handle until late in the fight).

Now I watch my stacks and wub's stacks. When a special ability happens, i switch whichever one of us has higher stacks onto tank healing. During the special ability 2 healers on tank, 1 on dps. When the special ends, I switch druff back off onto dps. Now the 2 healers on dps spam up their stacks as much as possible, until the next special ability....

This approach makes tank healing an absolute cake walk, because we have SO MANY STACKS of vital flame that the instant each decimation blade hits our deci tank is topped off. Both specials are pretty much a joke to heal through. All you need is a raid leader or someone making calls that has good enough raid awareness to coordinate it correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power word shield glyph counts as a direct heal + refunds you mana. At low stacks, consider tossing in a normal heal or two. I never go low on mana on that fight, although I use an AA/A specc for extre healing throughput.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll want to glyph your Penance and Shield. On the first soaker, you'll have BL/Heroism up, so getting stacks will be quick. On the second guy, pop PI on yourself and spam like crazy. With the recent change, I think I got about 110-120 stacks before I went onto the tank, and pushed myself up to about 150 later on. Once you've got a big Shield on the tank, you can pop your Fiend, and mana shouldn't be too rough after that.

Disc I would say flash heal with bloodlust having first soaker go to 25 stacks so you can build them up fast. What people don't realize on this fight is you don't need 150 stacks at all. I heal holy main spec so I do this as holy and I finished the fight with around 74 stacks and world of logs counted me at 32.5k hps. This was 10 man. Greater heal is amazing on this fight as it heals so much thrown in with serenity. When my debuff is about to run out I time it with the current shard person to keep building stacks then go right back to the tank. I repeat this over and over. Without bloodlust I go to around 40 stacks at the start and end around 75-80. 70 stacks is plenty for the fight to do insane hps and I could only imagine 25 mans which I'm currently going to be testing out.

We found a tactic similar to what BoomChickn posted above me to work best.

Personally I'm usually first in the rotation, having the benefit of a feral druid who takes 20+ stacks by himself. After the first shard i'm anywhere between 50-80 stacks which is more than enough to keep up the tanks np (25m). Obviously i'll be even higher after the 4th shard (by which time it's my 'turn' again). Depending on how may decimation blades you get, mana shouldn't be a big problem as long as you keep abusing rapture.

Slight caveat: I got the impression on our last kill that my penance was only giving me 1 stack / tick, regardless of torment stacks on my target. Might have been my imagination though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    I set up a debuff frame with power auras that tells me which buff all 3 healers have, duration remaining, and number of stacks. So I have a bos with 'druff - zakaluka - wubwub' and the icon loud and clear next to each name with a countdown for each and a stack count.
    Zaka, would you be willing to Export the Power Auras you made?

Would be nice to see what the other healers are up to without a bunch of chatter in vent.

Posted by Grays on Wowhead, but only show self stacks of Vital Spark and time on Vital Flame:

Set=Baleroc@
    Aura[73]=Version:4.21; g:0.851; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Vital Spark; r:0; texture:3; alpha:0.7; size:1.2; torsion:0.82; y:-38; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.LegacySizing:false; stacks.y:14; stacks.x:-2; stacks.h:3.49@

Aura[74]=Version:4.21; b:0; anim1:4; g:0.6275; icon:INV_Elemental_Primal_Fire; buffname:Vital Flame; texture:11; alpha:0.7; size:1.78; torsion:0.99; y:-38; timer.h:3.84; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:15; timer.x:5@

Deleted
    Easiest Healing rotation we found for us.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3931/baleroc1.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7028/baleroc2.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3301/baleroc3.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6...ndebaleroc.jpg

If one of your Tank drops very low or some healer has problems because he fucked up his vital spark stacks, the right healer which only healed the torment target could help out healing the tanks cuz he will reach 250 stacks very soon. The best option for the healer on the right would be a druid cuz they have most of the time problem healing up the tanks with their stacks so let em stick to the torment targets and choose the best single target healers to rotate between tanks and torment targets.

And your healers HAVE to watch on their Vital Flame buff they should only get it twice in the rotation (1 Living Ember buff 15 seconds). Because, if they have Vital Flame active Vital Spark won't stack up, so they have to watch their own buffs so Vital Flame runs out before they have to heal the torment target again. If they don't the tanks will die somewhen because they don't heal enough.

Easiest heal rotation imo because only two healers have to switch between tanks and torment targets.

Decimation Blade will be tanked by the Tank which has slightly more HP than 250k. He will be instant healed up with a fast little single target heal. The other Tank should have a lot more HP and tanks the Boss the whole fight, except for decimation blade. Let the decimation Tank pull and if he has slightly over 250k the "main tank" should taunt.

For the Shards, use 2 damage dealer per shard. So 4 in total.

Shard A -> DD 1
    Shard A after 15sec. -> DD2

No Shard

Shard B -> DD 3
    Shard B after 15sec. -> DD4

No Shard

Shard A -> DD 1

and so on..

You might wanna have 1 DD for replacement e.g. hunter if someone fucks up his stacks or dies.
    Also, best DD to get Shard damage: Shadow Priest: Dispersion, Destruction Warlock, etc. etc.

Hope this will help, we downed the boss with this tactic in our first try.
    I know this is not the BEST tactic there are some better ones out there, maybe, but imho i think this one ist the easiest.

Sorry for my bad english hope you got it all
    Last edited by mmocc2f450f39f; 2011-07-29 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to have 1 healer as swing and 2 rotating healing the torment target and tank with every crystal (10 man), and 2 groups that switch and one or two swing healers in 25 man.

We do as many do but in a more simple format.

Me - Disc priest starts off healing the tanks

Pally and Shaman healer heal the shard people (DK and Rogue)

Next shard:

Pally heals the tank

Me and Shaman heal the next group of shard people (Mage and Spriest)

3rd Shard

Shaman heals the tank

Me and Pally on Shard people (Dk and Rogue again)

4th Shard

I'm back on tank and we just rinse and repeat. Works flawlessly for us.

The way Verth describes is exactly how we do it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Zaka, would you be willing to Export the Power Auras you made?

Would be nice to see what the other healers are up to without a bunch of chatter in vent.
    I don't remember where I got this. Found it with a google search, but I didn't make it! I only tweaked the appearence slightly.

Code:
    Set=baleroc@
    Aura[97]=Version:4.21; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Vital Spark/Vital Flame; x:-679; unitn:Zakaluka; owntex:true; size:0.25; optunitn:true; y:360; texmode:2; timer.h:2.5; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:LEFT; timer.Transparent:true; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.LegacySizing:false; stacks.Relative:CENTER; stacks.Transparent:true; stacks.h:2.5; stacks.Texture:AccidentalPresidency@
    Aura[98]=Version:4.21; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Vital Spark/Vital Flame; x:-536; unitn:Zakaluka; aurastext:%u; textaura:true; size:3.55; optunitn:true; y:360; texmode:2@
    Aura[99]=Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Shadow_GatherShadows; buffname:Tormented; x:-875; unitn:Zakaluka; bufftype:2; owntex:true; size:0.18; optunitn:true; y:360; texmode:2@
    Aura[100]=Version:4.21; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Vital Spark/Vital Flame; x:-679; unitn:Druff; aurastext:%u; owntex:true; size:0.25; optunitn:true; y:280; texmode:2; timer.h:2.5; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:LEFT; timer.Transparent:true; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.LegacySizing:false; stacks.Relative:CENTER; stacks.Transparent:true; stacks.h:2.5; stacks.Texture:AccidentalPresidency@
    Aura[101]=Version:4.21; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Vital Spark/Vital Flame; x:-536; unitn:Druff; aurastext:%u; textaura:true; size:3.55; optunitn:true; y:280; texmode:2@
    Aura[102]=Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Shadow_GatherShadows; buffname:Tormented; x:-875; unitn:Druff; bufftype:2; owntex:true; size:0.18; optunitn:true; y:280; texmode:2@
    Aura[103]=Version:4.21; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Vital Spark/Vital Flame; x:-679; unitn:Wübwüb; owntex:true; size:0.25; optunitn:true; y:200; texmode:2; timer.h:2.5; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:LEFT; timer.Transparent:true; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.LegacySizing:false; stacks.Relative:CENTER; stacks.Transparent:true; stacks.h:2.5; stacks.Texture:AccidentalPresidency@
    Aura[104]=Version:4.21; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Vital Spark/Vital Flame; x:-536; unitn:Wübwüb; aurastext:%u; textaura:true; size:3.55; optunitn:true; y:202; texmode:2@
    Aura[105]=Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Shadow_GatherShadows; buffname:Tormented; x:-875; unitn:Wübwüb; bufftype:2; aurastext:%u; owntex:true; size:0.18; optunitn:true; y:200; texmode:2@
    Each healer has 3 auras. You can duplicate them to add more healers if you are doing 25s. Just modify the first 3 so that the 'unitname' for all of them is your first healer. 4-6 to reflect the name of your 2nd healer. So on and so forth.

Being able to see which healers have vital flame, and how many stacks of vital spark the other have, is pretty helpful in this fight.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-07-29 at 07:13 PM.

Being able to see which healers have vital flame, and how many stacks of vital spark the other have, is pretty helpful in this fight.
    DBM does this...

I don't like the way dbm handles it.

Deleted
    On heroic mode I healed torment targets during two first crystals to get 110 stacks of vital spark so I could heal the tanks with other priest to the end. I use penance + bubbe first, then just flash heal spam, use bubble when ready and do more flash heal spam and when target has 25 stacks of torment and last of my flash heals has landed I bubble him once more.

When healing tanks I noticed that I could use only a heal a lot in order to save mana. And you can refresh your tank healing buff easily by casting penance when you have only 1-2 sec buff remaining, first tick converts the vital spark to tank healing buff and second and third tick are buffes ones.
    Last edited by mmocbaf210744a; 2011-07-29 at 08:40 PM.

Another option that might be easier to setup is an addon that was put together in guild that tracks information that assists in BalerocHealing (Vital Spark and stacks, Vital Flame, and Torment for heroic mode). You can find it on Curse: BalerocHealers.