Archeology Addon

Can anyone recommend a good archeology addon? I remember one featured on the main page quite a while back but I didn't grab it cause I didn't plan on doing Arch at all. I remember it had a hub on it that basically showed the exact spot to survey in in order to find the loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wowdigsite.com/forum/index.php

Great site with a lot of helpful stuff.

And the creator/admin isn't such a bad guy :P

There are no addons that show you where to dig exactly... The one you're talking about though is called Archy. Every time you find an artifact, it'll mark where you found it forever on your map so if your equipment points in that general area you know it's probably where you dug before since they are in fact static spawns. Takes a while for that specific utility to become useful, however, it has a few other useful features. It shows you the quickest path to your digs, and it has an arrow pointing the general direction your dig indicated and lets you know when you're in green/yellow/red territory from your last dig attempt.

It's nice for a while, but honestly, once you've done archaeology for a while, you have sort of a sixth sense about it and the addon just feels clunky at that point.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2011-07-29 at 05:18 AM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Archaeology helper.
    Unlike Archy, it doesn't automatically mark the spot: you have to press a button while facing in the direction of the detector thingy.
    However, what you get is not some crappy distance dot, but an overlay of the screen with the cone indicating the possible placement of the artefact.

There are also full digsites databases for Gathermate: they show all possible spots on digsites, so you know where to look one you've nailed it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Archaeology helper.
    Unlike Archy, it doesn't automatically mark the spot: you have to press a button while facing in the direction of the detector thingy.
    However, what you get is not some crappy distance dot, but an overlay of the screen with the cone indicating the possible placement of the artefact.

There are also full digsites databases for Gathermate: they show all possible spots on digsites, so you know where to look one you've nailed it down a bit.
    Only reason I bothered to level arch and actually go look for rares was because of this addon, took out most of the guess work and every digsite was generally complete within 3-5 digs.