Thread: Bad Dps

Bad Dps

Velnoth-Dentarg

I'm not pulling the dps I should for my gear level in heroics. I'm following everything I have read on this site and EJ. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? My lat is around around 120, and my fps is around 30-35. If any more info is needed please do tell.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

It would be smart to post what DPS you are pulling!

Its kinda hard to get.. And unless you post a WoL it will be hard to find your problems!

Just glancing at your armory, gloves should be gemmed with pure int, same with belt, legs, feet and chest.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-07-29 at 05:32 AM.

Whats your rotation? And US or EU?

Sorry you are right. I don't have Wol . I am pulling around 12-14 k on bosses.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 11:34 PM ----------

US, VT SWP DP MB on orbs Flay
    Krimson states...
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

12-14K in your gear isn't terrible mate. You're 353 ffs if I'm looking at the correct armory. You can't expect to pull 30K DPS in that kind of gear lol.

Can't blame me for trying.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 11:49 PM ----------

Shouldn't I be pulling more?
    Krimson states...

Nah, you're doing pretty damn good for your gear IMO. Good enuff for raids.

Generally, very low dps (would say anything more than 10-20% below par) is caused by not following the basic fundamentals of all dps, not the maths heavy stuff from elitist jerks etc.

Make sure you are always casting, casting the wrong ability is (almost always) better than casting no ability at all.

Learn how to DPS on the move.

Learn to position yourself so as to minimize how much movement is required.

Multi-dot when possible, mods to track help a lot too. But try to avoid padding E.I dpsing things of no consequence just to increase numbers and stroke your epeen.

Spam your next ability, instead of trying to time it (I believe you can macro mindflay so it doesn’t clip as well). This removes reflex time and timing errors which can add 100's of milliseconds to each cast you do.

thank you all for the tips )
    Krimson states...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post
    Make sure you are always casting, casting the wrong ability is (almost always) better than casting no ability at all.
    This, so very much this. While I'm currently playing ele shaman and not spriest, I'm pretty sure the same applies to all casters. I don't know how many times I think "Oh shit, I should've used x instead of y" during a boss fight, but it's many, and I still get the occasional ranking on WoL. Just keep spamming those buttons and don't save your damage increasing cds unless you have a very good reason to.