10+ Year Old Account

Building a new computer - Need advice.

So sometime in the next 10days I'll get my tax refund, which will be about $2100 Australian, with the money I currently have that would put my computer budget to about $2500 but obviously I don't want to spend it all on a computer so I'd put my estimated price range at around $1000-$1500 but should it go over that I won't be to worried as long as the resulting computer is worth it ;]

A friend of mines doing the same with his money and knows a lot more about computers than me (and builds a new one about every 6-8months) these are the parts he's getting and I figured I'd also get them (unless other people here have better alternatives/options)

CPU: i7 2600k,
    Motherboard: sabertooth motherboard
    Graphics card: Gainward GTX560Ti 2G DDR5 Phantom
    Ram: 8gb ripjaws ram

Links:
    Ram: http://umart.com.au/pro/products_lis...id=7&sid=75233
    Graphics card: http://umart.com.au/pro/products_lis...id=7&sid=74160
    Mother Board: http://umart.com.au/pro/products_lis...id=7&sid=73456

Unsure on what SSD I will buy and as for case, the shop I'm going to buy it from (only one I know of in perth) is MSY so I'll just get one that looks good and has room for fans from there.

Any advice on which SSD or other components to get, or upgrades to the above items (without going insane on the price) would be helpful =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I7 not needed if going to be just gaming, get a I5 2500k instead it is better for gaming then the I7, Sabertooth is not needed unless you are going to go with two video cards and want to pay more then what you need to for a mother board, you can get one for 50-75 less then sabertooth, 560ti is a good card, I recommend the following!!! Its from the sticky index. You will have plenty of room to buy the ssd of your choice and can get a better video card if you like as well, like a gtx 580. the system listed here will run most every game out currently on max settings and has the ability to add another video card and upgrade to the newer Ivy bridge processors when they become available. It is a nice system without being overpriced and will leave you money to upgrade down the road as well. For the ssds I believe people are going with the intel 510 series and the corsair ones at the moment because of current issues with some of the other ones. I am not too "fluent" in ssds so maybe some one can give you little more input on that.

$1000 Build
    Case: CoolerMaster Haf 912 $59.99
    Power Supply: Corsair TX650 $89.99
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X UD-3 $169.99
    Processor: Intel i5 2500k $219.99
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 $49.99
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage 8GB $84.99
    Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 $64.99
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optiarc SATA DVD/CD Burner $19.99
    Graphics Card: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr $249.99
    Total: 1009.91 USD
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?