Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    if i ma on a pvp server i see it as killing me once as you pass, i dont mind, but when you're lvl 85 and i am 20 and you're camping that is a form of griefing, although not by blizzards rules. i dont mind if it is a similar level person because i at least have a chance of escaping / killing.

Deleted
    PvE'rs play on PvP servers?

Deleted
    World PVP is all encompassing and anything goes. By rolling PvP you have consented to that extra element of danger at all times. Deny everything to the enemy, be it nodes or quest experience. I don't buy the "I am questing so it is PvE now" argument, sorry. We are two warring factions, and I will do everything possible to stop your advancement.

Ganking is when a high level player kills a low level player. There is nothing wrong with it and it is perfectly acceptable.

Griefing is graveyard camping, and is wrong.

a world pvp is when you fight someone from the oposite faction, on equal lvls, and equal numbers giving a clean fight and may the best one win.

Ganking is when you use an unfair advantage to make sure the enemy has no chance to win (READ: 5 vs 1, or a lvl 85 vs a lvl 20).

Griefing is when you go out of your way to make your oponent miserable and prevent him/her from playnig (Read: Corpse camp, (Read: killing him/her over and over and over till they log off in frustration) or killing his mobs, or killing the quest-giver NPCs)

Ganking is already bad enough, Griefing is dishonorable, and akin to kicking someone who's in a wheelchair, people who do it should be ashamed of themselves, but they aren't so that's why I'll never set foot in a pvp server.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

griefing/ganking is what the pathetic baddies that dont have any skill at arena, do. you will most likely find them at the molten front attacking people that are busy questing.

world pvp is when you find some1 and battle them in a fair fight.

Attack me all you want, whether Im low on HP, questing, fishing, or actually looking for a fight. Just don't bring 6 of your friends and /spit / laugh when 7 of you manage to kill me. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lajkko View Post
    That's a bullshit example. You're not running around thirsty and exhausted, you're sitting in the comfort of your home in front of a nice PC, playing for your entertainment. There's no "enemy", just a player like you from the other faction. There's no fight to the death, just an annoyance having to go back to your corpse or maybe a laugh at your expense for ganking lowbies and thinking you're at war.

Now you're gonna do what you're gonna do regardless of others may say, but comparing a real life fight for survival with a FANTASY-based GAME is naive to say the least.
    Dude, you're taking my response way too literally. It's a comparison. And for the love of God, it is a game - Yes. But the entire idea of the game is that the two factions are enemies and at war with each other. Therefore, I will kill you, before you can get the chance to kill me. Enough said.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea ganking is not meant to be a fair fight, its meant to be fun in the opinion of the ganker. So that may be when the target pulled too many mobs or they are low on health or low level. If gankers want a fair fight they go duel.
    Ganking is a chance to feel poweful and destroy the enemy.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    World PvP = two people, out in the world, both looking to add some extra 'egde' to questing etc by potentially getting into a fight along the way
    Ganking = ONE person out in the world, looking for people questing etc and attacking them when they don't want a fight
    Griefing = the same PvPer going back over and over to kill the same guy, even though he's just trying to get on with his quests.

that's the way I see it.
    Your second example is also world PvP. When you're questing on a PvP server, you should ALWAYS be prepared for a fight, and quest as if one is going to happen (be aware of your surroundings, move quickly, don't over-pull to put yourself in a potential low-health situation).

If you can't be assed to do those things, you don't belong on a PvP server. If your defense is "but they didn't want to fight", the correct PvP server response to that is "then they shouldn't be in contested territory."

Not ganking. World PvP. If they aren't aware of their surroundings and they let themselves get in a high-vulnerability situation, it's their own fault. They should learn from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I don't PvP.

Why would you ask a PvEer about PvP? We don't know shit about PvP...but form what I've gathered, someone raping some lowbie for hours is ganking. Anything else is World PvP...?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    From my POV, it goes like this.

World PVP: Killing people who are of a level to actually stand a chance of fighting back, or killing zone NPC's ONCE to stimulate a response from people who are of a level to be able to fight back.

Ganking: Killing people who are too low level to fight back.

Griefing: Avoiding any opposition (usually with flying mounts and/or abuse of the 5 minute unflag timer) while killing NPC's over and over and rendering a whole zone unplayable for people who are too low level to fight back, or corpse-camping people that are too low-level to fight back.
    No.
    Ganking is when you attack in groups. Derivative from gang.
    Comes from DotA.

Deleted
    There is no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    From my POV, it goes like this.

World PVP: Killing people who are of a level to actually stand a chance of fighting back, or killing zone NPC's ONCE to stimulate a response from people who are of a level to be able to fight back.

Ganking: Killing people who are too low level to fight back.

Griefing: Avoiding any opposition (usually with flying mounts and/or abuse of the 5 minute unflag timer) while killing NPC's over and over and rendering a whole zone unplayable for people who are too low level to fight back, or corpse-camping people that are too low-level to fight back.
    basicly thats a bit it but with griefing i would also put killing a player while he is busy with a npc.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an easy way to determine which server you should play on.

Did you burn ants with a magnifying glass as a child?

If you answered yes, then you belong on a PVP server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Litterbox View Post
    (No, Lions do not live in the desert - Follow me on this one)
    Sorry way off topic but I had to correct this before some people thought it was true!
    http://www.desertlion.info/dlion.html

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP is when I kill you.

Ganking is when you kill me.

Griefing is when you kill me after I try to kill you after you've killed me.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Ganking is world pvp. It's a player fighting another player in the world. I don't give 2 shits if the other person has a chance.

World pvp fighting people who stand a chance

Ganking is killing people who do not stand a chance

Griefing is going out of your way to ruin other peoples time ie killing them as soon as they spawn repeatedly, killing quest mobs for the sole purpose of not letting people finish quests, general douche baggery, ect.
    Hi Sephurik

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    World PVP = Fair fight between two players of the same or close level out in the world. This is fine.

Ganking = Killing someone too low of a level to fight back, killing someone of similar level that is preoccupied with mobs or at low health, or a group of people killing one person of any level, killing somebody that is very clearly AFK. Pointless and stupid.

Griefing = Corpse camping, killing quest NPCs repeatedly, killing flightmasters repeatedly. Pointless and stupid.

I'd be okay with a PvP server if it wasn't for the ganking and griefing. World PvP is actually one of the few forms of PvP I enjoy, but I don't enjoy leveling an alt in STV, minding my own business, and being repeatedly killed by some level 85 moron that can't actually kill something that can fight back.
    Last edited by Synaxis; 2011-07-29 at 07:48 PM.

If its red - its dead.
    Thats my rule for high lvl zones, i dont gank lowbies (well, almost never).
    I dont camp (unless - read below) - have better things to do with my time.

If i ignore someone when they are fighting mobs and then they attack me while i'm fighting mobs - i will find them, kill them, and camp them for a good 5-10 minutes then attack every single person in the zone for the time i'm there, mobs.. no mobs.. i dont care, call it a "pvp frenzy" lol.