Vital Spark/Vital Flame questions (Baleroc)

1.) Does the heal that triggers Vital Flame receive the buff as well, or do you need to cast a gimped heal ASAP when you switch to tank healing from Torment healing in order to make later heals land for the buffed amount? I've been assuming the latter.

2.) Vital Spraks are supposedly 1 per 3 stacks of Torment on the target...what if the target has 1-2 stacks only? Do you get nothing? Should I wait a sec or two before casting that first heal when there is a Torment target switch so that my first heal lands as he gets to stack #3, or should I start spamming away immediately?

Thanks for clarification on this. My guild has had some sub 10% wipes on Baleroc and hoping to kill him this Sunday.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) The trigger heal receives no buff. I usually cast a flash heal to activate the flame quickly. There's no better option for me. Penance would probably switch at the first tick and get off 2 boosted ticks after that, but penance is on CD after stacking because it triple stacks
    2) I guess you get nothing below 3 torment.

BTW you don't need high stacks to keep the tanks alive on normal if there are 3 healers. About 20 stacks are pretty much okay. Healing the right people at the right time is more important than stellar stacks.

1. yes you need some sort of healing spell first to triggers Vital Flame
    2. you dont get anything if it is under 3 stacks. but you do need to heal asap as the stacks build up, ppl die quickly.

Deleted
    Actually you do, you always get at least 1 spark when healing a torment-soaker. 1-5 torment = 1 spark, 6-8 = 2 spark, etc.