Deleted

Chakra's Are Confusing ><!

I'm leveling a holy priest to be a raid healer in a 25 man Raid team so I'd permanently be in the Sanctuary Chakra and I'm kinda confused.

I was wondering if I went into Sanctuary does the buff to make Holy Word: Chastise, Holy Word: Sanctuary last 30 seconds or is it like an Aura that stays there permanently. Also if it only has a 30 second duration is it possible to refresh it without having to click on the Chakra and then re-casting a Prayer of Healing or Prayer of Mending to get back into the Chakra state?

Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-07-31 at 06:21 PM. Reason: QATC

Chakra buff is permanent like and Aspect/Aura. You have a 30 second CD on swapping is all. You can also right click off the buff if you need to use holy word Chastise (useful for PvP mostly), as you only have one of the holy words at any given time.

The #1 thing to remember about Chakra:

Not all of us play with the game sound turned off.
    Don't be that guy that stands in crowded areas with Chakra enabled but no state chosen.

On topic: Themos is correct.

Deleted
    So if I stay in Sanctuary I'm permanently in that Chakra state and the cooldown on Chakra spell (The one that lets me change/choose a state) is only if I wish to change it? So no matter what Once I activate Sanctuary It's permanent until I change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zynest View Post
    So if I stay in Sanctuary I'm permanently in that Chakra state and the cooldown on Chakra spell (The one that lets me change/choose a state) is only if I wish to change it? So no matter what Once I activate Sanctuary It's permanent until I change it?
    yes you are correct

yes it's permanent. If you want to change chakra just recast it and switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guthric View Post
    yes you are correct
    Thanks for the clarification, I looked up some guides on it but they all said a state only lasted 30 seconds. Glad I decided to ask here because I think their kinda outdated. But once again thank you for clarifying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zynest View Post
    I'm leveling a holy priest to be a raid healer in a 25 man Raid team so I'd permanently be in the Sanctuary Chakra and I'm kinda confused.

I was wondering if I went into Sanctuary does the buff to make Holy Word: Chastise, Holy Word: Sanctuary last 30 seconds or is it like an Aura that stays there permanently. Also if it only has a 30 second duration is it possible to refresh it without having to click on the Chakra and then re-casting a Prayer of Healing or Prayer of Mending to get back into the Chakra state?

Thanks in Advance.
    As other have said, they made Chakra an aura state.

My main advice is this, be careful when using Chakra when it comes to mana. Also, know which spells the chakra add to because it will help with mana conservation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creepygnome View Post
    As other have said, they made Chakra an aura state.

My main advice is this, be careful when using Chakra when it comes to mana. Also, know which spells the chakra add to because it will help with mana conservation.
    OK will do. Ty!

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden
    well having a holy priest i didnt under stand it untill i started to mess about with it
    1 cast chakra this will make you now glow untill you cast another healing spell- cool !
    2 decide if you need improved aoe heals(this can really nerf your mana) or continous renews
    3 cast the spell- prayer of mending, or prayer of healing will give you the aoe state or cast flash heal, lesser/greater heal will enter you into renew state
    if you chose aoe- your chastise is used up in maintaining the aoe buff but if you chose single target, you chastise is now a nice instant heal, that gives a +crit for several seconds, and if you have a renew ticking over on a target, by casting any direct heal(heal,g heal and flash) this will auto refresh you renew.

as for healing raid- i often stay in in renew state, as the refresh is good and the extra instant heal with the added crit tick over is great for tricky situations where the tank/ dps or you are getting a good dose of damage.

hope this helps

Deleted
    Your information is outdated. Chakra used to be 30 seconds cooldown, 30 seconds duration, but the duration was changed to permanent in 4.1 (I think. Might be 4.2, not sure). I still has it's old cooldown, that can be lowered a few seconds by the talent State of Mind.

Once you enter a Chakra state you gain a few passive buffs (Serenity: +10% crit chance on direct heals, direct heals refresh Renew; Sanctuary: 15% more healing from AE heals and Renew, Circle of Healing cooldown reduced by 2 seconds; Chastise: +15% Shadow and Holy Damage) and your Holy Word spell changes depending on the Chakra state (basically you gain a new spell that stays on the same button, one for each state with a unique effect and cooldown). You stay in your Chakra state until you die, switch zones, turn it off, or recast Chakra.

Because Holy is a powerful raid healer, I tend to stay in Chakra: Sanctuary during a raid. I switch to Serenity only when a) the situation calls for it, b) I'm assigned to heal the tank or c) I'm in a heroic. But in general because of Holy's raw output on multiple targets I'm usually assigned to heal the raid, so Sanctuary is my state of choice. Holy Word: Sanctuary is a bit underwhelming because of the very high mana cost and low output, and only really usable on certain fights (:wave: Chimaeron), but the additional healing power for Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending and Circle of Healing usually more than makes up for the loss of Holy Word: Serenity.
    Last edited by mmoceaf424ea73; 2011-07-29 at 11:43 PM.

I'd like to disagree with Anassi on one point: Holy Word: Sanctuary currently is bugged (or was stealth buffed) and it , unlike Efflorescence or Healing Raid, is not capped at 6 people. His assertion that this spell was not worth casting stems back from before that bug and is currently outdated for 25 man raid healing.
    It is worth casting if 25 people who all take damage are standing in one spot long enough and there are quite a few encounters in Firelands where exactly this happens.

Deleted
    Hrhr, I didn't say that is wasn't worth casting. I just said that because of the high mana cost and low per-person heal it's use is limited, not that it's completely worthless. By far, it's not. I loved it on Chimaeron or during Beth P2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    The #1 thing to remember about Chakra:

Not all of us play with the game sound turned off.
    Don't be that guy that stands in crowded areas with Chakra enabled but no state chosen.

On topic: Themos is correct.
    say hi to Inner Focus. There's always a guy with Inner Focus active in the Auction House bothering all the other players