Poll: Lore Forum: Yes or No.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Actual lore discussions would probably be buried under faction fanboy pissing matches.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes
    /10char
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a Lore thread. I enjoy reading the novels and just learning about WoW lore in general, and having a lore forum would be awesome too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Actual lore discussions would probably be buried under faction fanboy pissing matches.
    I remember seeing a signature in the Story forum that said something to the effect of a scientific formula showing how long it takes before discussions turn into alliance/horde fights, or "the Forsaken are evil" fights.
    I enjoy the lore casually, but I'm not one of those people who read the books, played the previous games, etc. So I'm more of just a reader when it came to the Story forum. I really wouldn't care either way then if we had one here.

Well, I've read through and I'm going to have to disagree with the Nay-Sayers. 134 people in the last 4 hours have seen this and agreed with me, take a look through the General, General Off Topic, Raid, and RP Forums... There is TONS of Lore questions/Lore-based threads; perhaps not enough for a full Forum, but perhaps merge it with RP forum? Maybe. Regardless, it looks like the numbers are in my favor, and the responses are leaning my way too.

Besides, how do we know the Lore Forum won't be popular? We don't, because we don't have one. Trust me when I say that it will be more popular than the Achievements Forum/RP forum since there is twice as many people who are interested in Lore than there is in Achievements/RP.

Sure, I understand the worry about Sylvanas and Varian vs. Garrosh argument threads, but if it really gets out of hand, atleast its not in General Topics, and you guys can always lock the threads... so I don't see the big issue here.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents worth, I really hope you guys ( ie Boubou/ Mods) really take this thread into consideration, because I think we would benefit more from a Lore Forum than we would suffer.
    O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    What Elysia said, and what we've said in lots of threads before -- there just aren't currently enough lore discussions to justify a whole forum. There was a nice spike with the book, but it's already died down from where it was.
    TBH, I see more Lore discussions than achievements threads, yet, achievements have their own forums, why cannot Lore have one too?
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    i would love there to be, but i dont think there's that much posts on lore to warrant a sub forum for it. would be nice though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i would love there to be, but i dont think there's that much posts on lore to warrant a sub forum for it. would be nice though
    There are a bunch, but sadly they keep getting buried under all the other general threads.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote yes. I love the lore and hate when people don't know what it is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    About the people saying it wouldn't get enough traffic, check out the Role Playing forum. It doesn't get much traffic, in fact the last post right now was last night. If it has it's own forum, I'm sure Lore could as well, as they would probably get more traffic than that. So far the poll looks good, almost 90% in favor of a forum.

A Lore Forum could work just like the Role Playing forum, in my opinion.

Yeah, why the hell not? I've never shown much interest to lore to be honest, but to all you people who voted no, why should you care? Just don't look at it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a lore nerd myself, but of course!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    There are a bunch, but sadly they keep getting buried under all the other general threads.
    ah, thats a shame. i must miss most of them! i rarely post in them but when i see them i usually read the whole thing.

As a lore nerd a forum like that seems awesome in principle.

However the issue I can see with a forum dedicated to lore would be the fights. Warcraft's lore is so open ended and up for interpretation that even the slightest details can turn into argument's based on opinion and since it's personal opinion people get really invested when defending their point's.

Plus it would only need 1 thread as most lore discussion's tend to get de-railed into mutiple lore discussions until that single thread has talked about the entire backstory of Blizzard.

Lore fans are also the easiest to troll as 1 poster making a comment " Thrall is Evil " will spiral several pages of rage targetted at that person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    As a lore nerd a forum like that seems awesome in principle.

However the issue I can see with a forum dedicated to lore would be the fights. Warcraft's lore is so open ended and up for interpretation that even the slightest details can turn into argument's based on opinion and since it's personal opinion people get really invested when defending their point's.

Plus it would only need 1 thread as most lore discussion's tend to get de-railed into mutiple lore discussions until that single thread has talked about the entire backstory of Blizzard.

Lore fans are also the easiest to troll as 1 poster making a comment " Thrall is Evil " will spiral several pages of rage targetted at that person.
    Which is why we have you, the lovely mods, who will make sure people who are only going into those forums to troll will get infracted and/or banned.

I still don't see an issue, too few threads? Again may I mention the Sports & Fitness forum? If that exists, this can too.

I would love a Lore section of the forums... I would be reading it every day. :P
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Thanks for all the support guys It doesn't look like we'll be getting our Lore Forum yet. I'm not done yet though, you'll hear from me again ;}
    O_o

We already have the general discussion forum, lore discussions have fit there perfectly well in the past.

I'd love a lore section. Its always nice to get away from all the imbalance QQ -I say QQ because most of the time its not constructive but just whiny- and I enjoy a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

Lore forum?

God damn it, my free time shall be WASTED!
    (Huzzah!)