First Time Build (Success!) - Memory Question

Hello Computer Forums! I just recently built my first PC with (almost) only the information from these forums. Lot of good info here, was a lot of fun.

Everything went extremely smoothly, and the only hiccup with my build is due to a defective memory stick, Amazon's return policy, and my impatience I may end up with double the memory I had intended to install.

G.Skill Ripjaws - Memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL9 - 1.5 V

^^ That's be the memory I have, and basically I have 16GB of it, in 4 sticks. My question is is it possible (or even useful) to install all 16GB into my comp? Will I even see a performance increase? Alternatives would be to just give it to my brother, put it in my old comp, or use them as paperweights.

I am aware the Thermaltake CPU cooler does make using all 4 RAM slots ... interesting. But with a hammer and torch I'm sure I can make them fit.

My Current build:

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Case
    Intel Core i5-2500K Processor 3.3GHz
    Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply
    Thermaltake Frio Overclocking Universal CPU Cooler
    EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked 1280 MB
    ASUS P8P67-M PRO LGA 1155 SATA
    Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA 6 GB/S
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
    G.Skill Ripjaws - Memory - 8 GB

Thanks!

Not really just for gaming, as 8GB is plenty... The only time 16GB would be useful for the 'average' user would be if they were running a SSD and turned page filing off (just to make sure they have some breathing room).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Wont see any performance boost in gaming use from the extra RAM.

You probably can get it installed if you pull out the CPU cooler, plug RAM in first and then place the cooler back.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    The only time 16GB would be useful for the 'average' user would be if they were running a SSD and turned page filing off (just to make sure they have some breathing room).
    I have pagefile down to 512meg with 8GB RAM and never been out of memory yet. Doing more than just gaming on this computer.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I have pagefile down to 512meg with 8GB RAM and never been out of memory yet. Doing more than just gaming on this computer.
    Yeah, i'd expect it to be a bit difficult unless you're running several instances of WoW and such...
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account
    sell it if you need a few bucks, otherwise it's not going to hurt anything to install it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I could... Y'know, take it. Send me a PM...

Thanks for your help folks, Ill look into alternative uses for the extra sticks.

Deleted
    nvm 10 chars