10+ Year Old Account

where can i download Starcraft 2?

well if anyone remembers my last post i was asking if it was worth buying Starcraft 2, a lot of people said yes and so i did.
    long story short my friend bought 2 games from the US(cheaper) and he will give me the key this afternoon but since he has the CDs and i dont it will take me longer to install it through my crappy Internet so is there any place to download Starcraft 2 legally or illegally so i can fully install the game and validate it later when i get the key?

i know how to pirate and etc so i don't need help with that lol, all i want is a clean version so when my friend gives me the key we are both ready to play and dont need to wait for another day so i can download/install it.

thanks

i would look around on the curse network, they have stuff like this most of the time.

its www.curse.com if you dont know the same site for all the wow addons and stuff

If you are asking where can u download backup copy of your original Starcraft 2, since u cant from battlenet yet, i'd say torrents.

Short answer no, the only legitimate place would be Battle.net and you wont be able to get it from there.

You should be able to find a version on a pirating site but I don't condone that especially since you're likely to get a cracked version which wont play retail servers anyways. I'd suggest waiting and letting your friend play a game or two while you install.

You could however try and get a friend who has SC2 already to let you know their battle.net login and you could DL it off their account.

10+ Year Old Account
    sadly i know no one who has a SC2 CD that could lend them to me, and i honestly dont need to pirate it because i have already paid 50$ for the game (my friend bough it from amazon)
    i was also thinking about a pirating site but sometimes these people play around with the files so....it wont be good if i have a legitimate CD but unimportant if im pirating which means i wouldn't even need to post here to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle.net >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    You should be able to find a version on a pirating site but I don't condone that especially since you're likely to get a cracked version which wont play retail servers anyways. I'd suggest waiting and letting your friend play a game or two while you install.
    Ofc you can play on retail servers, and u wont get cracked version till u crack it manually. You can download clear disc image 100% same game like u get from battlenet and u can do this without breaking any laws since u owe the original key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enter your CD key on your battle.net account, click download and play the game. Lol
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Not to mention running repair on it will usually verify it based on file checksums.
    Yup. So you can feel free to use torrent sites to download ur game, install and then log on your battle.net account.

And lol at people writing Battle.net, l2 read first posts, not just the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warod View Post
    Enter your CD key on your battle.net account, click download and play the game. Lol
    lol learn to read, i don't have the CD key for a while, when i get my friend will already have the game installed and then we have to wait until i install it too. the whole point of this post is to avoid that...you are so intelligent...

Deleted
    you can try to get a demo of sc2 for your account.
    the demo uses the same files as sc2 does, but u can only play 7 hours. dont know if you still need a "key" from someone if you can just add it to your battle.net account

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    the demo uses the same files as sc2 does, but u can only play 7 hours. dont know if you still need a "key" from someone if you can just add it to your battle.net account
    Yes that will work too, didnt think bout this before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    hm...il go check that out, so is it like wow where after i enter my key i have the full version?
    edit: no link found on their website, when i search it all results give me 404...
    edit2: nvm i googled it and found it and right now im downloading the demo but it is only 2 gigs...is that normal? maybe its just the installer?
    Last edited by Toho; 2011-07-29 at 05:57 PM.