Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Use google translate
    http://translate.google.com/translat...081059&act=url

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 06:56 PM ----------

After reading the translation, what a load of shit! He played WOW for 1 year therefore it must make you crazy.
    Ted bundy played ms pacman trufax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    And _some_ stores did remove them. Like I wrote. Nobody is trying to make Norway seem silly, it's just stupid that whenever something like this happens they always try to blame it on the games the person played. What about the movies he saw? What about the books he read? And the music he heard? Why don't they remove that aswell then?
    Yet a lot of people react with a "WTF Norway" to this, which as a Norwegian I find quite frustrating.

People blame games because it's the thing to blame these days.

Vidkun Quisling is at it again I see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Its not video games that cause violence, but isolation can change a persons morale grounding. Video games, especially WoW, can lead to increased isolation in a minority and so, indirectly could create violence I guess.
    same could be said for any number of things though, not just games. I find it pretty retarded that people feel removing them from the shelves would make ANY difference whatsoever.

If anything that kind of illogical thinking lessens my faith in humanity more than the acts of one severely fucked up individual could ever do

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Really goes to show how retarded the human race is...

Violent killing? Blame video games.
    Rape? Blame video games.
    Everything that's even slightly violent? Blame video games
    Something good that actually was done by video games? Give credit too something else.
    To be fair, isolation has been shown to affect the moral fiber of an individual along with their social behavior. I don't believe video games cause violent killing, rape, or anything else that is violent, but I do believe that people can be negatively affected by video games when it leads to isolation. Fortunately, that's often in rare cases when addiction comes into play. I'm not getting into the internet interaction versus real world interaction, but there is some correlation between a person isolating themselves and negative implications on their moral fiber and behavior in social situations.

Do I believe those negative implications could have caused him to act the way he did? Not really. I believe addiction can amplify any issues an individual is currently experiencing. In his case, it most likely added to whatever delusional and emotional mess he was experiencing. I don't think video games directly influenced his decisions, but I can see how they can negatively affect his mental state if it's at a level of addiction that is alarming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiata View Post
    I do however find banning/restricting video games a bit extreme myself.
    What happened in Norway defies belief, it was dreadful, and a true tragedy.

However taking wow of shelves because of this is retarded. Hitler ate chicken : so REMOVE ALL CHICKEN FROM THE SHELVES IT MAKES YOU EVIL !!

Poor show Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    What happened in Norway defies belief, it was dreadful, and a true tragedy.

However taking wow of shelves because of this is retarded. Hitler ate chicken : so REMOVE ALL CHICKEN FROM THE SHELVES IT MAKES YOU EVIL !!

Poor show Norway.
    You really don't understand that it's the business owners and not Norway that are making these decisions, do you? Saying "Poor show Norway" in response to the actions of a few business owners removing products makes no sense whatsoever.

It's a little important to read, translate, or do whatever you can to actually understand what is happening before posting instead of just reading the thread title and hitting the reply button. Not trying to sound like an ass here, but this has nothing to do with Norway putting on a poor show. It's just a couple business owners looking for some publicity.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowforge666 View Post
    a kid in the uk died cos of asthma while playing her xbox360 and died dnt see anyone taking those off the shelves here like taking wow off the shelves isnt gonna do shit all anyway since u can buy it online and through blizzard store anyways who cares its just crappy news people thinking that just cos someone plays wow or cod and either dies himself or kills others is the games fault. the press are a bunch of idiots i played wow since vanilla i dnt think about killing somone in the street the main thing the norway killer had was prolly a serious mental illness or something, no game can make u bomb ppl to death
    It's not being taken of because it was a heart attack she died from, either due to playing too long or medical issues, both of which are down to the individual and not Microsoft.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

I'm sure that his political hatred and insanity stemmed from Alliance vs Horde...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    I literally lol'd, the guy was clearly a fucking nutcase, which has nothing to do with games. If it had something to do with games there would be 100's of millions of people each day going around mass murdering everyone..
    i agree.. most ppl nowadays play games.. but we don't go out to murder ppl!

There are some more ridiculous bans in the world other than some businesses taking off some games in their shelves. Just type in on google "list of banned games" and you'll get a whole list on Wikipedia of games in differnet countries. Some of them are absurd, like Saudi Arabia banned Pokemon trading cards because it promoted Zionism (how?? lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewbusha View Post
    There are some more ridiculous bans in the world other than some businesses taking off some games in their shelves. Just type in on google "list of banned games" and you'll get a whole list on Wikipedia of games in differnet countries. Some of them are absurd, like Saudi Arabia banned Pokemon trading cards because it promoted Zionism (how?? lol).
    Hah. Well, look at some of the other things Saudi Arabia bans and you'll understand. Most of it makes no sense at all, but neither does Shariah Law in my opinion.

Just gonna have to explain this to the people that doesn't understand it.

This isn't a ban. Norway isn't banning anything. These are 2 stores out of tons that have taken violent games (not just WoW) off their shelves temporary as, I'd guess, a PR stunt to make themselves look better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't they remove all Beatles music too?

Helter Skelter has been know to incite murder.

People are so dumb.

Deleted
    Absolutely ridiculous as far as i'm concerned. From what i've seen most people that do things "because of games" have sever underlying mental health issues. I'd wager that tv/films influence more people than games, anyone can watch violent films or tv if they stay up after the watershed or know how to use the internet. I think the whole stigma about violent games is solely based on the fact it's the newest medium compared to violent tv or films, can only hope it'll eventually cease and people will quit saying games hurt people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Just gonna have to explain this to the people that doesn't understand it.

This isn't a ban. Norway isn't banning anything. These are 2 stores out of tons that have taken violent games (not just WoW) off their shelves temporary as, I'd guess, a PR stunt to make themselves look better.
    Yeah, I think that much is a given. I was just talking about bans since I was contributing to some off-topicness regarding Saudi Arabia.

Also, people tend to have extreme reactions in extreme situations. The stores are either pulling a PR stunt or acting the way they are because they're in emotional shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftblaze View Post
    Hah. Well, look at some of the other things Saudi Arabia bans and you'll understand. Most of it makes no sense at all, but neither does Shariah Law in my opinion.
    Yup, exactly. I mean, if Pokemon trading cards were made in Israel I would understand, but as far as I know, Pokemon is Japanese... And as far as i know, the trading cards aren't made in Israel, but i could be wrong.

Yeah, i know all about the other stuff they ban and the stuff they do. It's ridiculous and absurd, and in all honesty, the U.N. should be shifting their eyes just a little bit over there. Female genital manipulation? Rape? Media is censored? Internet is monitored? Non-equal rights? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    There were wars years ago? Quickly, burn the history books! These things are setting horrible examples!

Stop pointing the finger at random causes.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

If violent entertainment is to blame for violent behavior then why are violent movies not being pulled out of theaters? I watched He-Man as a kid, you don't see me running around with a sword claiming I have the power and slashing people down in the street. I played Doom as a kid, you don't see me running around with a chainsaw or machine gun spouting off nonsense about demons and killing people. Violent entertainment doesn't lead to violent behavior...mental instability and bad upbringing lead to violent behavior.

Not every store in Norway is pulling games off the shelves, but the media love to blame games for the behavior of people that are obviously not right in the head. I don't know why, but apparently just blaming the person who committed the crimes is too easy.

<snip>

They have temporarly stoped selling violent games in order to honour thedead in the heppening in norway. I think it's a nice thing to do as they try to show that they don't like violence in any form, this stop is not to make people stop playing, it's to get people to think and honour those who wereaffected by this terrible actions made by AAB.

Mod Warning: Watch the language.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-07-29 at 08:55 PM.