Thread: Damn Monitors

10+ Year Old Account

Damn Monitors

So I have this monitor that I thought was fantastic. However.. upon closer inspection, it looks like some kid took his grubby little oily palms, ran them through his greased up hair about 30 times, then proceeded to smear the oily mix all over the screen. The great thing is, no matter how hard I wash it, it won't go away. My buddy came over and I looked at his Acer monitor and it was glorious. So... Assuming we have a bit of $$ left over that I can throw toward a new monitor, can anyone recommend me the "best" monitor under ~$200. I've heard quite a few opinions, so I thought I'd ask you guys.
    A few requirements:
    1.) 1920x1080 (16:9) [One of the two...]
    2.) If the black doesn't look black, like it doesn't on this computer, I'll flip a f**king tit.
    3.) 24" is great, so is 21". Anything under that is small. =/

Thanks guys.
    (The cheaper the better. I've got about $35 to my name right now.)

Deleted
    Flip a f**king tit!?

I'm scared

Well, you're not going to find one for $35, that's for damn sure.

21.5" 1920x1080 Acer for $118

23" 1920x1080 Acer for $139
    24" 1920x1080 Acer for $159

TN panels just about all look the same, unless you get some shitty one. Buy one from a decent manufacturer, make sure it has some good reviews, it'll look as good as the rest pretty much.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Deleted
    We got a few of these in at work,

I was setting one up for a customer, I have to say I was quite impressed with how clear the picture was, also it had HDMI, which was handy as they wanted to use it for a PS3 in the kids bedroom as well as a pc monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236067
    Last edited by mmoc6edda12fdb; 2011-07-30 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, wasn't saying I wanted a $35 monitor, just that I don't want to have to get a ton of money for an IPS or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want image quality get an IPS monitor, but they're not cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about getting a 24" LED monitor but i was wondering is LED is worth the extra money over a regular LCD?

Considering LED IS LCD, LED is just the backlighting, who knows, comparable CCFL and LELD monitors shouldn't be much different in price.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Owning a comparable LED and LCD TV - there is about 2-3% difference, only in extremely bright situations. the LED REALLY brings out the brightness of outdoor scenes, and things with extreme lighting (sports settings on our Sony Bravia look much better than on the LG, but darker movies and such look essentially identical).

I wouldn't pay extra just for LED if it were me, but pictophiliacs will always splurge for the best (which is why they go straight to IPS)